Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

FPR Plumbing Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FPR Plumbing Questions

Couldnt find a concrete answer or pics from doing a search...

But im trying to hook the below Aeromotive 13109 FPR up and im wondering it will even work...

I have Speed Inc rail's with the stock fuel line, the rails cross over in the back, and the pass side rail had a plug in the end.

I have since installed a direct port, and im feeding the wet side off the end of the rail that was capped off. Worked fine and dandy cept it was a little rich due to the 60 psi of fuel pressure...

But what i was thinking of doing was hooking the FPR to the end of the rail, then attach the feed line for the fuel solenoids to the other end of it, and drop my pressure as needed below rail pressure to the solenoids.

My main question is... they say both "SIDE" ports are inlet's and the one on the very bottom is a "return" port... So i would cap off the other inlet and the "return" port would feed the solenoids? or do i hook it up straight through?

But it looks like it wouldnt restrict much, as i can see right out the other side if it were hooked up that way, but i assume the plunger comes down to restrict flow.

That return port has a tiny little orfice and i right away thought this will never feed the wet side of the spray properly.

Any insight is welcome.

Thanks!!

Old 07-15-2006, 04:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I read the same thing about that regulator so I emailed them before I got mine. You go in one side and out the other with the return coming off the bottom port. They call both sides an inlet because it doesn't matter which side you go in and out of.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
I read the same thing about that regulator so I emailed them before I got mine. You go in one side and out the other with the return coming off the bottom port. They call both sides an inlet because it doesn't matter which side you go in and out of.
Ok that is still kinda clear as mud to me haha

What if i have no provisions to use the return? Will it not work then? I couldnt just cap off the return?

It sounds like i just hook the inlet up to one side, then straight through out the otherside i would hook my solenoid feed line up to that port? If i understood the way you explained it correctly.

There has got to be FPR's out there that dont need a return line attached to drop pressure from one side to the next through restriction.... I hope this is one of them, if not the search contines cuz ill be dammed if im gonan runa return line for it LOL
Old 07-15-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if there is no return line then you wont be able to regulate the pressure
Old 07-16-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice to know but a ls1 doesnt have a factory return up front. its in the tank so u will have to run a new return line to the tank and remove the factory regulator in the tank
Old 07-17-2006, 02:34 PM
FormerVendor

It is not going to regulate anything if you are not returning the fuel back to the tank. the regulator is always on the return side. I would rec. running a new feed line and using your stock feed line as your return. Give me a call I can set you up with the rest you will need to hook it all up. would handle more power this way. You can also adjust your fuel with smaller jets in the fuel side of the nitrous fitting.

Nate