Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Cutting 6AN Braided

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red97Z
Nice intake! Are those stock rails? How'd you go about welding those on?
yes there the stock 93 rails, I modified them and then took them to a friends that has a tig welder to do the weld job on them, I only have a mig welder here at my place.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

You just remove the cross over tube and weld them shut. Then you drill the top of the rail and weld on aluminum -8AN bungs on the top and back of the rails. Cost me about $30.00.

-B
Old 09-09-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blown383
You just remove the cross over tube and weld them shut. Then you drill the top of the rail and weld on aluminum -8AN bungs on the top and back of the rails. Cost me about $30.00.

-B
yep it dont cost much to do the rails, 4 8 an fittings at like 3 bucks a peice, I just used earls 3/8 pipe/8an fittings, I cut the pipe thread parts off and wire wheeled the blue off, then I used a tappered bit on the inside to smooth the fuel flow out a little, my friend only charged me like 10 bucks to weld it for me. its all the other lines and fittings that get expensive. the pump regulator and filter isnt cheap eather
Old 09-10-2006, 12:47 AM
11 Second Club

Hey Lethal93ta, make sure you air pressure test your setup before you put fuel to it. Bout 10 lbs should work with soapy water. I had mine welded very similar to yours. On the front of the rails where the plugs are were leaking on mine. Turns out those plugs have Orings in them that dont like to be welded on or near. I had to remove mine and weld in aluminum plugs in place of them. By looking at your pics, looks like yours are gunna leak like mine did.

Quick Reply: Cutting 6AN Braided