Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel tank problem

Old 12-04-2006, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel tank problem

Hello, Has any one had a problem with fuel? About 6 months ago during the hot summer, my tank got locked like it was vapor locked .. and i could not put fuel in... now it cold and it is happing more .. twice last week, i can do 1 of 3 things .. ONE i can drive it till it is almost empty and it will release and i can fuel it up.. two i can wait till am and go put fuel in it .. or 3 i can get a small rod and push the flap open causing it to spray fuel all over when the pressure is released. ANY one else had this happen? any fixes for it?

Thanks in Advance Dave
Old 12-04-2006, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Default The...

Originally Posted by stockz
Hello, Has any one had a problem with fuel? About 6 months ago during the hot summer, my tank got locked like it was vapor locked .. and i could not put fuel in... now it cold and it is happing more .. twice last week, i can do 1 of 3 things .. ONE i can drive it till it is almost empty and it will release and i can fuel it up.. two i can wait till am and go put fuel in it .. or 3 i can get a small rod and push the flap open causing it to spray fuel all over when the pressure is released. ANY one else had this happen? any fixes for it?

Thanks in Advance Dave
vent is not working. It's vented thru the cannister???
Old 12-06-2006, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
vent is not working. It's vented thru the cannister???
Thanks id there any way to by pass it or do it my self .. kinda got laid off and dealer want my next child to do it
Old 12-07-2006, 08:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Default If that's...

Originally Posted by stockz
Thanks id there any way to by pass it or do it my self .. kinda got laid off and dealer want my next child to do it
the case, I'd just trace the vent from the tank to the cannister, [if there's 1 there], and unhook the hose.
Once unhooked, push a cheapo plastic fuel filter in the line to keep the dirt out, and see if the problem is solved.

BTW, I've seen cars with the cannister removed, and the line plugged off... same results...

Back to

Search this Thread