Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

1500hp fuel system sugestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 12:24 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i think the weldon 2025 would be a good pump for me but i might have to slow it down a little. i have a voltage regulator i can use on it. how loud are one of these pumps and will it last?
Old 12-14-2006, 12:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are ALOT quieter than the Weldon 2025 but I would think slightly louder than 1 Bosch. They do not require nor do they rec. a voltage reg. and we have not seen any issues with over heating or longevity. Do not get me wrong Weldon are great pumps and I would use one for a race car anyday but for the street hands down the MagnaFuel are the best available.

Nate
Old 12-14-2006, 12:45 PM
single digit dreamer

i can see now where the single 4303 will do better than twin bosh pumps and cost less money. it looks like it will go to about 1500fwhp with just one. it seems like the -8line would be a bit of a restriction especialy on the inlet side.

Last edited by parish8; 12-14-2006 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:20 PM
FormerVendor

Ya for that pump I use -12 feed and -10 from pump to the rails

Nate
Old 12-14-2006, 01:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by parish8
here is what i am planing. anything wrong with this plan?

aluminum 20gal fuel cell sumped, foamed and sensor. duel -10 out's
twin staged bosh 420l/hr pumps from speedinc.
-10's to feed pumps. -8's out y'd into one -10 feed line up to engine compartment
single -10 y'd back into twin -8's to feed the rails in parallel
-6's off the other end of the rails to one -8. that -8 to reg and back to tank with a -8

is that bosh pump really loud? is it reliable? is there an easier way to make a fuel system for 1500hp? is there a cheaper way?

right now i am running the twin intank racetronics set up with a voltage booster all the way up AND lots of meth and i am still running out of fuel. it is time to do it right. my turbo set up is good for 1500hp and with the new blocks coming out who knows i might just get to that point some day.

If it were mine here's how id run the bosch pumps:

-10's feeding each pump. -10 out of each pump to a dual -10 splitter to a single -10 outlet. Run to the bay, and split with -10 to dual -8's into the back of the rails. Take each rail and run it into each side of your regualtor then run the -6 out hte bottom back to the tank for the return.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:00 PM
...with cheese.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran a 600a and it was loud as ****. I can't imagine 2 weldon 600s.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

fwiw. I upgraded from a bosch 044 to the Magnafuel 4303.
quickstar reg set at 58 lbs I do get boost reference happning to about 72 lbs and then it all starts to fall away down to about 40 lbs by 1/8 mile.

I dont know yet what I need to change, but I will do some testing on the weekend.
I run -8 line from the 1/2 gal pot through a 74 micron prefilter (recomended to give the pump longer life) to the pump and single -8 to one side of the rails and back out through the Magna fuel Quickstar and back to the pot via -6 (original supply)
Old 12-14-2006, 10:48 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by Tonner
quickstar reg set at 58 lbs I do get boost reference happning to about 72 lbs and then it all starts to fall away down to about 40 lbs by 1/8 mile.

I dont know yet what I need to change, but I will do some testing on the weekend.
I run -8 line from the 1/2 gal pot through a 74 micron prefilter (recomended to give the pump longer life) to the pump and single -8 to one side of the rails and back out through the Magna fuel Quickstar and back to the pot via -6 (original supply)
it seems like a -8 feed to the pump and a filter before the pump would hold you back some. if you have a 90deg fitting before the pump that would hurt you too. a long line from the tank to the pump would hurt too.

i plan on using a -10 or -12 to feed the pump. and it will only be a few inches long.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have an aeromotive set up on mine and even for my 800HP set up there calling for a -10 line from the tank to the pump, I ran a -12 from the tank to the pump even on mine just so I know im safe

heres what they call for on there bigger set ups

Old 12-14-2006, 11:32 PM
single digit dreamer

do you really need a filter before the pump? seems like any tiny amount of dirt or whatever might get into the tank would just go thru the pump and get caught by the filter after the pump.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:19 AM
On The Tree

do you really need a filter before the pump? seems like any tiny amount of dirt or whatever might get into the tank would just go thru the pump and get caught by the filter after the pump.
The Only filter I have other than that is the factory filter which only filters the fuel to the pot,
Anyway I went and got the blue series 400 -10 pick up line today and the respective reducers .
I am going to do some testing tomorrow and probably end up running the return from the reg.. into the tank and cap off the outlet on the pot (still having the pot to tank return)

this is what is in the Kits,
http://www.magnafuel.com/products/ki...mps%20kits.htm
I didnt do it that way though.

Hoses and fittings http://www.speedflow.com.au/
the hoses on the pickup have a much larger i.d. than the lines i used for the supply (series 100) to the rails from the pump.

Last edited by Tonner; 12-15-2006 at 05:34 AM.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:41 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Use two A1000's, one of which on a hobbs switch. This will keep you from moving too much fuel when driving around. Should be good for roughly 1500rwhp.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:28 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 100 micron filter and -12 feeding the pump using a Nasty tank. Anything over 1/4 tank and fuel will fly out of that hose to the pump. I prefer not to use them as a lift pump.

I have a 10 micron aeromotive filter to a -8 feed going into one side of the rail, crossed over in the back with -8 and a aeromotive 'compact' regulator off the RH front rail with -6 going back to the stock feed line as a return.

Needle never moves off of 62psi during a pass, I'm not boost referenced.

One thing I noticed was the 4303 takes a lot of current to run, I have two 10ga wires feeding it and a 6ga ground wire plus I also run a voltblaster that raises the voltage to 15v at WOT. This isnt a 1500hp fuel system at all, something like V6 bird described would be better at those power levels, but should be good for 1000.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kp
I have a 100 micron filter and -12 feeding the pump using a Nasty tank. Anything over 1/4 tank and fuel will fly out of that hose to the pump. I prefer not to use them as a lift pump.

I have a 10 micron aeromotive filter to a -8 feed going into one side of the rail, crossed over in the back with -8 and a aeromotive 'compact' regulator off the RH front rail with -6 going back to the stock feed line as a return.

Needle never moves off of 62psi during a pass, I'm not boost referenced.

One thing I noticed was the 4303 takes a lot of current to run, I have two 10ga wires feeding it and a 6ga ground wire plus I also run a voltblaster that raises the voltage to 15v at WOT. This isnt a 1500hp fuel system at all, something like V6 bird described would be better at those power levels, but should be good for 1000.
Hi Kp ,Iam not sure what you mean by,using them as a lift pump,,

but I use the intank pump to supply the 1/2 gal swirl/surge tank from there it goes straight down to the magnafuel pump but through a 74 micron filter first using short as possible hose.

where do you mean fuel comes flying out?

Cheers Tonner.
ps. the volt booster sounds like a great Idea my pump has 13.6 volts at the terminals constant when running.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:54 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Hi Kp ,Iam not sure what you mean by,using them as a lift pump,,

but I use the intank pump to supply the 1/2 gal swirl/surge tank from there it goes straight down to the magnafuel pump but through a 74 micron filter first using short as possible hose.

where do you mean fuel comes flying out?

Cheers Tonner.
ps. the volt booster sounds like a great Idea my pump has 13.6 volts at the terminals constant when running.
Lot of guys will mount the pumps up higher then the fuel level and 'lift' the fuel and when things get hot it may hurt. I just mean if I take the line off the inlet of the pump it will drain 5 gallons pretty quick on its own, thats whats going into the pump so it doesnt have to work at all to get the fuel..

Here is a pic of the tank/feed/filter/pump. Its pretty simple but easy to work on and it works.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

That is a perfect set up you have there, so if the pump is !/2 as good as they claim it should be good in my case, I think. yes got to avoid hot or aerated fuel with these pumps, I have found.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kp
Lot of guys will mount the pumps up higher then the fuel level and 'lift' the fuel and when things get hot it may hurt. I just mean if I take the line off the inlet of the pump it will drain 5 gallons pretty quick on its own, thats whats going into the pump so it doesnt have to work at all to get the fuel..

Here is a pic of the tank/feed/filter/pump. Its pretty simple but easy to work on and it works.
Very nice and simple setup KP...Alot like my A1000 was setup like..Now im going for a Weldon 2025A
Old 12-15-2006, 12:55 PM
kp
8 Second Club

2025 is a nice pump and you can always tell when its working or not - even 1/2 a mile away lol. If this one runs out I'll get into something larger now that this is pretty much a race car only these days. But if I do a bigger pump I really need a bigger feed line and Y before the rails so like verything else cant just change one thing

But this magnafuel has been a great pump, I know a gear pump isnt supposed to be as efficient as a gerotor or vane pump but its so simple it really cant screw up. I'm sure the bigger magnafuel pumps work well also but I havent seen anyone around here using one.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

it seems like a -8 feed to the pump and a filter before the pump would hold you back some. if you have a 90deg fitting before the pump that would hurt you too. a long line from the tank to the pump would hurt too.

i plan on using a -10 or -12 to feed the pump. and it will only be a few inches long.
Thanks Parish It was on the agenda, since I changed from the Bosch 044 to the Magnafuel.

Made some changes today.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Tonner; 12-17-2006 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hellbents10
Use two A1000's, one of which on a hobbs switch. This will keep you from moving too much fuel when driving around. Should be good for roughly 1500rwhp.
I like this idea,

Any other opinions?

Quick Reply: 1500hp fuel system sugestions?