Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Boost Referenced Fuel Pressure Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 07:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by APD*98SS
To the first question, V6 Bird; NO the vacuum line is not hooked up at this time. So the fuel pressure should be at a constant 60psi right???

Secondly, to Onfire; when both pumps are on you do you have any issues with the return line inadequate for that much volume in a -6AN line???

FInally if a speed controller is used with the Eliminator pump that should resolve the overheatig issue don't you think???
If thats what its set at yes. I think you are making it hard on yourself trying to tuen the car to feed its own fueling when in reality you should hook up the vaccum hose and let it do its own thing. Thats what its there for and I have a good feeling it could fix the over fueling problem. With mine hooked up set at 58 with the line off, the car would drive in vaccum and pressure would come down to 45ish...Under nitrous load with the port being used it would see 75-80 to supply my fueling needs. It will not add more then 1:1 fueling when its hooked up. So if the vacuum port is only seeing enough positive pressure to add 10 more psi thats what you get. I would definitely try that first. Set your fuel tables accordingly back to what they would be if it were NA and go from there. Then you can adjust pintle and the others to measure the fuel precisely thats needed. Cruising around town, the car doesnt need 60 psi for cruising loads. Id bet if you did put the line on the vaccum port you would see a steady 45 psi which is theoretically all it should be asking for to cruise. You already have the other one set up to power on when 5psi is reached so it shouldnt have any issues there.

A speed controller could be used with the Eliminator yes. If its mounted and installed correctly (gravity fed) etc you should really have no issues whatsoever. I had one A1000 supplying my car at ~650 rwhp using the vaccum port for my mustang style dry kit. it never got hot. It never shut off. I didnt use a voltage controller to it either.

Last edited by V6 Bird; 01-09-2007 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

[QUOTE=APD*98SS]
Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Your sump has 2 fittings in it at the rear. They are both to feed. Not one for return and one for feed. It doesnt work that way man.

I was attempting to solve an issue on moving to one single pump. I understand the tank has two (2) outlets or feed lines, however since the Eliminator Pump requires both -10AN feed and return lines to prevent additional welding and or cutting on my tank I improvised in placement on what was available to use without further modification. With that being said, do you think it would work???
No if you use the other outlet of -10an at the sump for a return it will not work.

I would just buy the adaptor fitting that screws into your bung on the type that makes it 3/8 to -10an or whatever. That small neck down wont hurt much if any at all beings its on the tank itself. You could also drill (wouldnt take long to do so) and install you a -10an bulkhead on the top of the tank for the new return. I wouldnt shortcut anything really so either of these options are very viable.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Are you going to give us an answer brother?

Quick Reply: Boost Referenced Fuel Pressure Regulator