Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

so what's the difference in all the injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so what's the difference in all the injectors?

been lookin around for 42lb injectors...wow there are alot out there and why are there so many kinds and why all the big price differences? is there that big of a difference to pay $100 more for the same injector size? are they all pretty much the same...just different names?
Old 01-30-2007, 02:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also interested. I saw a set of flow matched 42# on ebay for 289.99. Anyone ever buy from those guys?
Old 01-30-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

just found out that the Lucas/Delphi can be up to 7% off from one injector to another in the same set. wow...

what I'm looking for are 42lb injectors that are VERY close to the same flow rate since I will be spraying a pretty decent size dry shot soon.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

no one can answer my question? i did a search and didnt find my answer so if i missed a thread please let me know.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:03 AM
11 Second Club

I've tried this before and never got much of an answer. Hopefully someone will chime in.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Exclamation That's not..

Originally Posted by Screamin_Z
just found out that the Lucas/Delphi can be up to 7% off from one injector to another in the same set. wow...

what I'm looking for are 42lb injectors that are VERY close to the same flow rate since I will be spraying a pretty decent size dry shot soon.
unusual. I find that in many sets I flow/clean. This is not only with one brand of inj.
Variations of that magnitude are EXACTLY why one should purchase injs in flow matched sets ONLY...[The "family sedan" can tolerate the mismatch, the hotrod cannot.]

Case in point: Just flow matched a set of 160's, for a 10.5 SBC.. I went thru 24 injs to get 8 that were close enuf to use..
Old 01-31-2007, 12:10 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went through Deatschwerks on Ebay to get my Bosch 30 lb/hr flow matched injectors. The price was good, but mine were previously used injectors. Didn't matter to me though...they are being used even more by me I think that is why their prices are a little lower than most...so far so good though. Comes with a flow sheet, and all of the injectors are numbered so you know which ones flowed what.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
I went through Deatschwerks on Ebay to get my Bosch 30 lb/hr flow matched injectors. The price was good, but mine were previously used injectors. Didn't matter to me though...they are being used even more by me I think that is why their prices are a little lower than most...so far so good though. Comes with a flow sheet, and all of the injectors are numbered so you know which ones flowed what.
Thanks or the info. That's who I was looking at as well. What was the difference between injectors of the flowmatched set? How coud you tell they were used? Dirty? Do you know if they clean them as well?
Old 01-31-2007, 05:05 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stealth71
Thanks or the info. That's who I was looking at as well. What was the difference between injectors of the flowmatched set? How coud you tell they were used? Dirty? Do you know if they clean them as well?
The outsides were a little dirty...the internals, though, they make sure are clean. Here is some info on what they do:

http://www.deatschwerks.com/injectorinfo.htm

Looks like they use core injectors, so that would explain why they look used (they are).

As for the difference among all 8 injectors in my particular set:

Static:
100% duty cycle (43.5 psi) - 0.3%
Highest flow was 314 cc/min, lowest was 312 cc/min.

Dynamic:
75% duty cycle (43.5 psi) - 1.4%
Highest flow was 249 cc/min, lowest was 242 cc/min

Since they were numbered, I put the highest flowing ones in the back of the intake manifold, and went forward from there so the lowest flowing injectors were at the front.