Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

threw a code after FP gauge install

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007 | 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default threw a code after FP gauge install

has anyone experienced a P0452 after installing an electric fuel pressure gauge, or any gauge for that matter?

immediately after installing a Dynotune electric FP gauge to my stock fuel rails, i threw this EVAP code. Is there a way to correct this other than tuning?

The only mods to my fuel system are a racetronix pump and larger injectors.
Old 04-07-2007 | 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

I had the very same code thrown after installing the FullThrottle Walbro Pump. I cleared the code, restarted the car, and so far it has not come back.

I talked with Nate @ NastyPerformance and he wrote me the following:

It means there is a pressure leak very small could be a hose left off or the ring on the pump assembly not sealing perfect, even the clamp on the fill neck not tight. If it does not come back no worries if it does clean all hoses and seals and use some grease to get it to seal perfect I had it happen once on a Mustang and I did that and it went away. Kinda pain in the *** but worked.
I can see how his reply would apply to my case as I had the fuel bucket/hoses removed for the pump install - don't know whether a small pressure leak in your situation could cause the same code to be thrown or not...
Old 04-07-2007 | 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1QUIKWS6
I can see how his reply would apply to my case as I had the fuel bucket/hoses removed for the pump install - don't know whether a small pressure leak in your situation could cause the same code to be thrown or not...
thanks for the response - i guess it cold apply to my situation even though i used teflon tape on the two threaded connections that were made. i'll have to check that out and possibly tighten my connections a little more. i just don't want to stress the stock rails too much and risk cracking something.
Old 04-08-2007 | 05:00 PM
Teching In

Actually as I look, the P0452 is a Low Input on the pressure sensor. You sure you plugged the tank pressure sensor back in when you did the Pump swap? Don't know enough about the 4th Gens to say where it is.

The code is a part of the Evaporative Emissions system, nothing to do with actual liquid fuel.
Old 04-08-2007 | 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, that's the description that came up when I scanned my code. But apparently that can refer to a myriad of items that are interconnected within the fuel system. Since the evap system is tied into the fuel system a slight leak anywhere such as a loose hose (could be the evap hose), or the fuel bucket to tank o-ring not sealing properly, or the hose to the filler neck could be the cause. You can throw a code (and also not pass emmisions) if a simple thing like your fuel cap is not fully tightened.