Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Overheated Fuel Pump?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 06:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced my pump about a week ago. I replaced it with another Walbro unit. So far, so good. I have run it for over 250 miles and had the tank near empty. No stalling, hesitating, or anything of the sort.
So really I won't know if I received a bad pump or if the hotwire kit actually helped. But the hotwire kit could only really help.
I will try to send the pump back to Walbro for analysis, but I most likely won't ever hear from them.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My pump turned out to be a Walbro. I ordered the Racetronix kit from a sponsor. I read about the wiring harness, and I will give it a try.
All digits are crossed.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:46 AM
10 Second Club

Most of those problems sounds like they are heat related. I know there is a problem with a lot of factory vehicles that get real hot and then vapor lock, especially about 1/3rd tank. I've read somwhere that the racetronix sleeve also acts like a heatsink. I have one coming out in about the next month that will be a direct fit for the walbro 255. I will post a thread in the Fuel thread.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

My Walbro 255l was installed in May, and has overheated twice, sitting in rush hour traffic both times, in stupid 95*+ weather. Both times caused the same symptoms as the OP had. Im getting to the point where im irritated. The first time it overheated I had 3/4 tank, and yesterday the tank was 1/4 full.

My sources tell me that Walbros arent the best pumps... good to know after the fact, huh? Well, I suppose my solution will be to take another pump to my tuner and having him install the new pump for me. It just wont be a Walbro. Problem solved, and I'll tack it up as another expensive lesson learned.

-My $0.02
Old 08-29-2007, 10:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by myfast70
I've read somwhere that the racetronix sleeve also acts like a heatsink. I have one coming out in about the next month that will be a direct fit for the walbro 255. I will post a thread in the Fuel thread.
You did not hear that from us.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 08-29-2007, 10:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mystic 98 TA
My Walbro 255l was installed in May, and has overheated twice, sitting in rush hour traffic both times, in stupid 95*+ weather. Both times caused the same symptoms as the OP had. Im getting to the point where im irritated. The first time it overheated I had 3/4 tank, and yesterday the tank was 1/4 full.

My sources tell me that Walbros arent the best pumps... good to know after the fact, huh? Well, I suppose my solution will be to take another pump to my tuner and having him install the new pump for me. It just wont be a Walbro. Problem solved, and I'll tack it up as another expensive lesson learned.

-My $0.02
There is probably something not right with your fuel system or what you are putting into it which could be causing the pumps to fail.

There are tens of thousands of these pumps out there working fine which is testament to their quality.

What goes into a Walbro HP pump is the same as many OE pumps they make.

Remember, it is always easiest to blame the part that fails.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 09-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure why this thread was resurrected, but the useless posts have been deleted and the thread closed.

Quick Reply: Overheated Fuel Pump?