Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

need help with Aeromotive A1000 pump, will it run 70psi steady enough for the ls1?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with Aeromotive A1000 pump, will it run 70psi steady enough for the ls1?

Hey i have a asa spec ls1 motor, running about 450rwhp. I have it in a hybrid ls1 240sx setup, i have been having troubles with the fuel system, at and idle, it runs 70psi no problem, but as soon as there's a load, the pressure would fall to about 40 ish and kill the engine.

unfortunatly the car is race purpose only so i can't really load test it at home, so i want to make sure what i'm trying is right.

at first i had the pump wired into a main switch board, which also powered my fan, lights, ign. etc... so i was thinking that it had too big of a draw, and didn't get enough volts going to the pump at once.

here's my big question,

has anyone else rana aeromotive a1000 pump and has it been good enough to run the pressure needed to feed a hopped up ls1 at WOT?

here's a pic of my setup....

any help would be great, thanx guys!
Old 05-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Teching In

oh and i am running a SARD fuel pressure regulator, that is the boost application one, i have the fpr now open to atmosphere.

i also rewired the pump to straight off the battery so that it gets a much better draw form the battery. the switch on the panel is only the grounds, when turned on, the switch just connects grounds, so that the positive wire is straight from the battery.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

does your fuel cell have any type of sump? I know the aeromotives really dont like to pull fuel they work much better in a gravity feed type of situation where they can just push fuel to the front
Old 05-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Teching In

ah it's just got a pick up at the bottom of the cell, that could help it i'll investigate that. thanx!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Resident

No problem , i know alot of guys have problems killing the a1000 due to forcing the pump to pull the fuel or having the fuel pump mounted so high that it over heats due to the added strain,I am running a 16 gallon cell with a sump and im mounting my A1000 below the sump as per the instructions because i dont want to kill my expensive new toy
Old 05-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Launching!

I have that pump gravity fed, feeding a 600 rwhp ls1, running 50lbs fuel pressure at cruise and just shy of 70 lbs pressure at boost, it will be more than enough pump for your power level. also make sure you have a big enough supply line to keep up with the volume. I am running a 10 AN supply to the pump and a 8AN line from the outlet to the Y block

Quick Reply: need help with Aeromotive A1000 pump, will it run 70psi steady enough for the ls1?