Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

I need help with fuel system!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I need help with fuel system!

Ok guys I posted in the Fuel section and did not get much help. Except that I was told to buy a P&P kit, which totally defeats the purpose of DIY. Since most boosted cars have to upgrade there fuel system I figure I would ask you guys.

I fell really stupid that I can not figure this out or if I am just afraid! I am running a dual intank setup, and want to run the factory lines. I have the pumps installed now, what I need is help on how to wire them up, how the hell do I hook up the Fuel pressure regulator. Can someone please give me so really good insight or a detailed drawing of how this works.

I am running aftermarket rails, areomotive boost referenced regulator, dual intank pumps with the stock lines?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 08-14-2007, 01:43 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well you have two choices you can use your factory line as a supply or a return like I did. And run a seperate return or supply depending on what you want to do and from there it is easy. In the back of the car where your rear seat hump is there is a T wehere your fuel line is runnint and you will need to block off the T facing the rear and use that point as your return and so you end up with a supply and return. From there I would just mount you FP regulator on one of the rails supply in one rail make a cross over to the other rail mount your FP regulator on the end and then use the return portion of the regulator for running your return line back to the line you disconected from the T in the rear. And as far as the pump wireing Run you a #10 power wire from your + Bat or Alternator and place two relays one for each one of the pumps and then use the stock Grey wire that supplies your stock FP with power to the +12volt terminal of each relay and of course gound the ground and then connect the supply side one to each one of the pumps I drilled a small hole for the wires in the sending unit and RTV'd it overnight for a seal. If you don't want to run both pump all the time buy a hobbs switch or anything you want to activate the second pump as a set FP or Boost Like my Eboost2 has that feature if you want to use it. I have been pretty general with this description and a lot of people have a little bit different ways of doing certain things, but this should get you going in the right direction.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:58 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

http://www.aeromotiveinc.com/pdf/17136.pdf

This may help you out. Bob
Old 08-14-2007, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Guys you are a big help! I will have a write up here in a little bit for those who are afraid mess with a new setup, like I was. I have asked looked through past stuff and then all of a sudden it just clicked so I will help those who feel the same way I do.