Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

I am a moron... Please help...

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am a moron... Please help...

So I filled up with 110 octane yesterday... I know now that it doesn't make a difference, and I also know now that it's leaded. My SES light is on with about half a tank of leaded gas left in my tank. Here are my questions: Can I just run the rest of the 110 out since my O2's are probably fried already, or should I cyphen (spelling?)? I'm going to go to Advance Auto or somewhere to make sure the codes are for my O2's, what codes should I expect? And assuming my O2's are done for should I replace with Bosch 13111's? Lastly, for purely curiosity sake, why do Corvette rear O2's work as front O2's in f-bodys? Thanks for any help... I'm retarted.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

Won't leaded gas screw up the fuel filters in modern cars? You could have bigger issues.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

From searches it looks like I may get away with just buying new O2's, I read that it can ruin cats too, but I'm looking to go TD anyways so I don't mind if those are fried. It makes sense that much more could be wrong though. Anyone have feedback on what else could be ruined? God I'm an idiot...
Old 08-18-2007, 11:51 PM
12 Second Club

Why not drain the remaining fuel OR dilute it with unleaded? At this point what could it hurt - you may get lucky. Just a suggestion.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1LVERBULLET
And assuming my O2's are done for should I replace with Bosch 13111's? Lastly, for purely curiosity sake, why do Corvette rear O2's work as front O2's in f-bodys? Thanks for any help... I'm retarted.
Yes, the only difference between Corvette O2 sensors and F-body are wiring length. The wiring on rear O2's on corvettes are long enough to reach LT's on a f-body that's the benefit of having them you won't need extensions.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if I was you I would get as much as you can and fill with premium.guarantee you fried your o2s.get some new ones.check for codes and ses light.good luck
Old 08-19-2007, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just gonna say, fill up with premium. Get it scanned to be safe too!
Old 08-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the replies. I did a little more research; I don't know how credible the sources are but I heard that the O2's may recover after a couple of tanks of premium. The cats are probably another story, but I'll take any excuse I can get to spring for a TD's. So it looks like I'll just dilute what's left with premium and hope for the best. And next time I go to fill up and the nozzle doesn't fit I'll take the hint that it's not meant to be...
Old 08-22-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Resident

if your really worried about it, there is some way to let fuel out of the fuel rail........ some race cars do it to take out normal gas and put in high octane stuff. id imagine it would take a while letting the pump work.