Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Magnafuel 4303 is a winner

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magnafuel 4303 is a winner

Thought I would toss this out to all of those struggling with fueling issues....

I have a complete custom fuel system I designed and built for my GTO, it is a two stage setup that relies on the factory "intank" pump (upgraded to a walbro) as the primary normal operating pump. The booster pump I selected was an SX performance 8203, through a series of check valves and an Y block feeding an AN8 to the fuel rails, I really thought this was going to be sufficient for my procharged 408.

My SX pump fell flat on its face.....SX overhauled it for me and flow tested it to 105 GPH @16 DCV, this coupled with the walbro should have been sufficient. While I was able to hold on to a 1:1 rise to 70 psi at 10 pounds of boost, as soon as I was heading north of the 10 the fuel pressure would drop down to 65 ish.

With my lessons learned, I ordered the Magnafuel 4303 and all I can say is HOLY FUEL FLOW BATMAN!!!! 15 pounds of boost yielded 90 PSI of fuel flow..this in part was due to the fact I forgot about my KB BAP was set at 17DCV. I will tone that down to minimum as I don't think I will be needing it, I also may be having to increase the size of my return line, right now its just the OEM -6 with several twists and turns on its was back to my surge tank and fuel tank.

At least now I know I have a pump that will keep up with my HP, once I dial in the return line sizing I think I will be golden........
Old 08-27-2007, 11:27 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Magnafuel pumps do rock!

Ive got myself a 4302.

Tony.

Quick Reply: Magnafuel 4303 is a winner