Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel problem...help me out

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel problem...help me out

ok...i'm in the middle finishing up my ls1 swap in my 98 camaro, come to start it up, turns over just fine but won't run. I have a mech. gauge on the fuel rail and there is 0 press. I have a walbro 255 kit from TSP and I can hear the pump run, i just changed the filter, but nothing. So I crack open the line that goes to the rails, run the pump, fuel comes out but seems like not enough. Could this be a voltage problem? or anything else that could cause this. just thought i'd ask before I drop the tank for the third time to check everything again.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:13 AM
Staging Lane

Bad or loose connection between pump and the mounting plate and fittings? That's a tank dropping deal though. Pump picking up air? Filter backwards and collapsed? Checkvalve stuck? If you can hear it run and it doesn't sound sick, I'd guess the first one (loose hose between pump and mounting plate).
Old 09-11-2007, 02:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RednGold86Z
Bad or loose connection between pump and the mounting plate and fittings? That's a tank dropping deal though. Pump picking up air? Filter backwards and collapsed? Checkvalve stuck? If you can hear it run and it doesn't sound sick, I'd guess the first one (loose hose between pump and mounting plate).
well...i know it's not the filter...pump sounds ok to me, but..yeah...I figured I'd have to drop the tank anyway, to check everything, again. I checked the voltage and it's close to 12v, so...out with the tank it is. Here's a Q. Does modifying the fuel bucket on the 98 type do any difference for fuel pressure?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:50 AM
FormerVendor

No you can remove the bucket. Sounds like the hose came loose try and double clamp. Or have seen the pumps wired backwards and they spin backwards. Make sure it pumps before putting tank back in.

Nate
Old 09-17-2007, 03:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
No you can remove the bucket. Sounds like the hose came loose try and double clamp. Or have seen the pumps wired backwards and they spin backwards. Make sure it pumps before putting tank back in.

Nate
...remove the bucket?..you mean I can take it out completely?..well, I dropped the tank again (still a PITA), inspected whole thing and the only thing i found was that the hose from the pump was a tad loose, so i tighten it up, wiring is ok, not backwards. I'll probably put it back in next weekend, and hope for the best...By the way, since these 1-peice metal tanks are a bitch to R&I, I was thinking of making the tank a 2-peice, cut the fillerneck and slide a rubber hose and some clamps on....cause I really don't want to cut up the floor. Has any one done sometin like this without any problems?