Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

odd issue

Old 09-25-2007, 06:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default odd issue

Well up until this morning, every cold start was nice and easy, fired right up. Today it cranked right over and died immediately. Then it restarted just fine. But if I am driving around, go to park it, wait any length of time, then restart, it has quit a bit of trouble. For example, after 9 hours of work yesterday, I went out to go drive home, and I almost had to keep it alive similar to when i FIRST fired it up after the cam install. In the first 5-10 minutes of driving, I have to keep an eye on it stalling too. After that, everything's fine. Car is Bolt ons, 224/226 cammed, tuned, and it ran awesome for a month or so after the tune, so I have a hard time believing it's the tune. Any ideas? Kinda stumped.

-J
Old 09-25-2007, 07:12 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you changed your plugs recently? if not how many miles are on the car? what other mods do you have done?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry that'd probably help. I have about 4k miles on a new set of TR55s, 3k mile plug wires off a 04 GTO, bolt ons, cam, no cats. I will add, that the car stinks far more than usual. I've been catless since I've had it, and even after getting tuned the smell was just not pronounced. But after I got home and pulled the car into the garage, it was running in there for maybe 4 seconds, and when I got out of the car I felt as though I was going to asphyxiate. This is a wild theory but here me out:

Is it possible that one of my coils might be going bad? The tune is still dumping the same amount of fuel, getting less spark, so it's running a bit more rich? Or is that just not possible... any way to test for a bad coil or trial and error is the only way? thanks.

-J
Old 09-27-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Addict

Anyone?

Search this Thread