Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Help make up my mind (fueling)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help make up my mind (fueling)

Alright guys, here's the deal. I picked up a running 5.3 with the harness but no brain. Its going in my s10 which is currently a bare bones track truck. The only wires in the engine bay are for the alternator, starter, coil and fans. Initially i wanted to slap a carb intake on it and keep it simple, if i did this i could literally have the truck running again very soon for the price of the intake, ignition controller, headers and mounts.

With that said, I have been reading/searching the forums for a while and I hate to let all those goodies go to waste (harness, intake, injectors, TB, sensors ect.). Not to mention the driveability and economy that fuel injection provides.

My only problem/concern is the electrical issues with swapping an injection system into such an old school biased vehicle with no traces of the old fuel injection system whatsoever. The thought of a standalone system such as megasquirt crossed my mind for cost reasons but I cant see MS being any easier than using the stock harness.

What would you do? Im new to the FI stuff and I guess I just need a little guidance. Any guidance/tips and/or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-26-2007, 10:15 PM
TECH Veteran

moving to fuel section
Old 09-27-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

whoops, sorry
Old 09-27-2007, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just got off the phone with Jared at Current performance and after clearing up a few things I realized that keeping it FI is so damn easy. I am leaning towards a stand-alone setup, it will cost about the same as a carb/intake/ignition setup. After that all i need is a hi pressure fuel pump and regulator.