Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel pump help please!! Strainer issues,99-98 converted. Also more issues help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Fuel pump help please!! Strainer issues,99-98 converted. Also more issues help!

Ok, here is the situation. I ordered a Walboro fuel pump for my 98 TA. Fed ex said they delivered it friday morn but guess what they didn't so it was either stolen or delivered to the wrong address. Anyway I kinda wanted to use my car this weekend so i made a trip up to a Camaro/GTO/Vette salvage yard and got a 99 LS1 fuel pump. Of course I have a 98 so they were different Anyway after looking at both of them i notice the actual fuel pump itself looks similar so i modify it and swap the pumps. I couldn't get the strainer to fit back on and i also have a small piece of strainer i don't know where it goes. For ***** and giggles when i swapped the pumps and got everything back together i decided to try to fire the car up. Well the pump did turn on when i turned the ignition but the car didn't fire Any help would be appreciated. Here are some pics i took. I need some help with the strainer and also where the small looking sock or strainer goes. Please help! Thanks!

Old 10-15-2007, 12:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Completely different pumps the 99 has a jet pump on the top that the 98 does not use that will bleed off pressure. And the socks are made just for the cars the 98 has a spot for the return line to go into the 99 does not. That and the pic looks like part of the strainer is still on the pump. Do yourself a favor and get the correct pump.

Nate
Old 10-15-2007, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 just get the right part, sux that you didn't get the one you ordered though...

y would you bother going further with this one if you said the car wouldnt run with it ne ways...