Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Hey N8 can you help me with wiring my pump

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 06:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hey N8 can you help me with wiring my pump

Hey Nate, I got my Weldon 600A and your tank from you and Im' getting ready to wire it up....

I have a few questions. One is I know I should use a relay for the pump but the Main wire running to the front of the car (the power wire) should be what size gauge minimum and what size preferred??? I know you sent me a fusible link and i'm wondering where that should go IE in between the pump and the relay or in between the relay and the 12 volt power source.... Last question is this: Should I be getting power to the relay from the output lug on the alternator as this is the most voltage in the whole car?????

My setup is a painless wiring switch panel with FAST XFI as well. I was going to run just the painless controlling the pump by wiring the painless harness fuel pump wire to the "switched" on power post on the relay. The relay power coming from the output lug of the alternator, ground on the relay going to ground and of course the last post on the relay going to the positive lug on the pump..... And the fusible link in between the main power wire going to the alternator and the relay itself... does that all sound right?????
Old 11-01-2007, 10:14 AM
FormerVendor

You don't need my help you got it just fine. Just add the fuse within 8-12" from the alt.

Nate
Old 11-01-2007, 10:38 AM
9 Second Club

Cool... So what gauge wire should I use????

And you did help cause I was for some reason thinking that fusible link should be near the pump and not the alternator....