Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

My LS1 ITB's

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dumb question were are the injectors at?
Old 01-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS6427
Can you tell me what the length of the tubes are without any of the extensions installed?

Then, what lengths can be had using the different extensions?

Thanks
I don't know the lenght with no extensions. You can contact extrudabody directly and they'll be able to inform you. Extentions come in "25mm, 50mm" according to the website, plus you can combine multiples as you need. I know they clear my hood no problem, but I'm in a different car. My bore is a 50mm to a 45 taper, I'm not too worried as this is a street veh and not a high rpm runner. Plus they flow more than sufficient for stock heads and cams etc.

http://extrudabody.com/Products/Accessories.html

As for the injectors, they would go down the middle with the fuel rails, but the rails have not been drilled yet for them.

Sorry for the long delays in replying, I'm not on here very often.

Tyson
Old 01-31-2009, 10:19 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tfreer85
I don't know the lenght with no extensions. You can contact extrudabody directly and they'll be able to inform you. Extentions come in "25mm, 50mm" according to the website, plus you can combine multiples as you need. I know they clear my hood no problem, but I'm in a different car. My bore is a 50mm to a 45 taper, I'm not too worried as this is a street veh and not a high rpm runner. Plus they flow more than sufficient for stock heads and cams etc.

http://extrudabody.com/Products/Accessories.html

As for the injectors, they would go down the middle with the fuel rails, but the rails have not been drilled yet for them.

Sorry for the long delays in replying, I'm not on here very often.

Tyson
I spoke with Extrud last week. The 45mm ITB's only flow 295cfm. I'm about 90% sure I'm going with the Harrop Hurricane intake with the 58mm ITB's, as my engine will be a 454ci with 400+ cfm flowing heads.
A tad bit over $2,000 with the LS2 ETC conversion kit and filters delivered to my door for the Harrop is a no brainer for me.

ITB intakes are definitely the way to go.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Sounds like a good deal and price. You definitely need the bigger bore that cfm. What are you doing for engine management? Alpha or MAP?
Old 04-15-2009, 03:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. Those look bitchen! Look forward to updates and a video.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Dear god those are BE E A UTIFUL!!! Definitely going on my car when i win the lottery! WHEN not if
Old 05-05-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Updates?
Old 05-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Teching In

None really, LS1 is installed, wiring installed, ITB's installed. Just waiting for fuel to be installed really. The shop is trying to talk me out of using HPtuners, he's claiming you can't just delete or remove the MAF. However everything that I've read, says it won't be a problem, not to mention, HPtuners website says you can delet the MAF with their software. Looking at doing a blend of MAP/TPS and maybe a shop change.

Will post updates as I get'em.

Tyson
Old 05-18-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

tuners all ove r the country use hptuners to run sd tunes with forced induction, and stock pcm,
Old 06-27-2009, 04:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

any info on this ? im looking to get into a itb system and looking at best cost vs performance ! pm if have some good info and price list thansk !
Old 06-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by randomnine7
any info on this ? im looking to get into a itb system and looking at best cost vs performance ! pm if have some good info and price list thansk !
Hi, you should check out www.extrudabody.com and shoot Kevin Thornton an email. He's a great guy, easy to talk to, knowledgeable, and friendly. They don't list an LS1 conversion on their website, but you'll just have to ask for the "Tyson LS1 ITB special" and Kevin will know what you're talking about.

Good luck with your quest to find ITB's.

Tyson
Old 01-19-2010, 02:03 AM
9 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tfreer85
None really, LS1 is installed, wiring installed, ITB's installed. Just waiting for fuel to be installed really. The shop is trying to talk me out of using HPtuners, he's claiming you can't just delete or remove the MAF. However everything that I've read, says it won't be a problem, not to mention, HPtuners website says you can delet the MAF with their software. Looking at doing a blend of MAP/TPS and maybe a shop change.

Will post updates as I get'em.

Tyson
Any updates? I use HPTuners all the time and you can delete the MAF sensor! There is a 1bar SD OS available for the 99-02 F-Body PCM's via HPTuners that runs entirely off of a VE table and also has TPS modifier table vs RPM so that ITB's can easily be tuned!!! Sounds like the shop you are dealing with aren't qualified for such a task of tuning these things!
Old 01-19-2010, 03:44 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
I spoke with Extrud last week. The 45mm ITB's only flow 295cfm. I'm about 90% sure I'm going with the Harrop Hurricane intake with the 58mm ITB's, as my engine will be a 454ci with 400+ cfm flowing heads.
A tad bit over $2,000 with the LS2 ETC conversion kit and filters delivered to my door for the Harrop is a no brainer for me.

ITB intakes are definitely the way to go.
I know this is a year old, but when I just did the price conversion it came up right around $4900. Are their listed prices that far off?
Old 01-21-2010, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Their online store says $3600 for ls1, ls2, and ls6.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LSxPwrDZ
Any updates? I use HPTuners all the time and you can delete the MAF sensor! There is a 1bar SD OS available for the 99-02 F-Body PCM's via HPTuners that runs entirely off of a VE table and also has TPS modifier table vs RPM so that ITB's can easily be tuned!!! Sounds like the shop you are dealing with aren't qualified for such a task of tuning these things!
Thanks for that info I'll keep it in mind. As for updates no...I'm currently in a lawsuit against the shop owner. Have the Bureau of Automotive repair backing us. Guy jipped me out of 3000 worth of parts (all fuel system which I need) and 4500 in labor which was never done.

Guys as to pricing I can't really tell you, mine was a one off kit from 3 years ago. If you are interested in them give Kevin a call there, he's a great guy to deal with and has always been helpful.

I haven't had time nor money as of late to work on it, the entire project is for sale right now unfortunately.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

I've spoken to Kevin at Extrudabody. (I know him from elsewhere). They also offer manifolds for LS7/LS3/L92.
And yes, by the time you get all the necessary regulator, lines, injectors, and hardware, you're looking at $4K-ish for an ITB setup.

Kevin's a nice guy, and an ITB system WOULD be pretty trick. But we're talking turbo/supercharger for that kind of cash...
Old 01-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by filmjay
I've spoken to Kevin at Extrudabody. (I know him from elsewhere). They also offer manifolds for LS7/LS3/L92.
And yes, by the time you get all the necessary regulator, lines, injectors, and hardware, you're looking at $4K-ish for an ITB setup.

Kevin's a nice guy, and an ITB system WOULD be pretty trick. But we're talking turbo/supercharger for that kind of cash...
Hey filmjay, recognize you from hybridz.org . I don't consider fuel lines and systems in the cost mostly because every application will be different. For my setup I'm using stock injectors (that may change when tunning). The amount of hardware they supply has everything for their ITB's. And while yes you can do a supercharger/turbo at that price I didn't need that kind of crazy sick HP and wanted a more exotic looking/sounding LS1. Personal preference I suppose. I'm happy with my kit and it meets my needs more so than the Kinsler and Harrop ITB's. The fact I can change DIA and the runner lengths for my application is also very appealing to me. Just my .02

Tyson
Old 02-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

Ohh myy god i want these... Fudge i hate cars, expensive hobby

Quick Reply: My LS1 ITB's