Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Need return quick connect fitting.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need return quick connect fitting.

I am going to be swapping to a ls6 intake with some billet rails.

The rails came with a fitting to hook up to the stock feed line but nothing for the return.

The return line is a smaller line then the feed so the quick connect fitting is also smaller.

Does anyone know of a fitting to hook up to my stock lines??

Thanks
-Chris
Old 12-06-2007, 08:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably a 5/16" I imagine? Talk to Nasty N8, he can hook you up. I picked up some quick disconnect to AN fittings for my buddy's LT1 swap from him!
Old 12-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should be a 5/16"...I prefer the Aeromotive ones to the Russel, and usually get them through Summit Racing.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:57 AM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Quick Question, MeentSS02...

Why do you prefer the Aeromotive adapters over Russell? I havn't purchased either so i'd like to know before doing so.

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Well...I've only tried two Russell adapters, and it just didn't fit over the tube and lock itself in very nicely. I really had to do some tugging and pushing to get it to actually lock in place...the Aeromotive quick connect just slides right on and clicks in place. Neither have leaked, so I go with the Aeromotive...if you do go with the aeromotive, though, I've found that I need to use a bulkhead fitting to screw into the adapter to make sure that the seal is made on the 37* face...a standard AN fitting just didn't seem to go in deep enough. Minor quirk, but makes no difference to me.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:44 AM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

So you're saying a regular inline male-male union is too short and bottoms out, thats why you used the bulkhead union? Bulkheads are typically longer so it makes sense. Thanks for the R&D, you've helped make my decision easier.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by ss1
So you're saying a regular inline male-male union is too short and bottoms out, thats why you used the bulkhead union? Bulkheads are typically longer so it makes sense. Thanks for the R&D, you've helped make my decision easier.
You hit the nail right on the head...a regular union fitting ends up about 0.10" short to make a seal, so it bottoms out on the nut instead of the 37* face. A bulkhead union fixes this problem quite easily...

Another thing that I find nice about the Aeromotive is that they function exactly like the quick connect that goes on the fuel filter...to remove it, all you have to do is squeeze the plastic tabs inward, and pull it out. The plastic retainer stays in place, so you don't need to use a disconnect tool to get the fitting off. The Russell fitting didn't want to work that nicely, and they didn't make the audible "click" to know it was seated like the Aeromotive one does.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Here's a quick picture of the Aeromotive quick connect hooked up to my new fuel filter along with the -8AN bulkhead fitting and a -8AN Earl's swivel seal right behind it.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Staging Lane

Im looking for the male nipple not the female part.

My rail kit came with the male feed line fitting but I need a male one for the return (the smaller one).
Old 12-11-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I use the repair sections from NAPA, like 6 bucks and come in just about any size. To mount use a AN to Hard Line adapter
Old 12-11-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does your fuel system have a return? If so It won't work with the LS1 return less style fuel rail. You will either have to install a fuel pressure reg in the engine compartment or locate a 97 Vette LS1 fuel rail. These were the only fuel rails installed on the LS1 that had a pressure regulator built in to it. It has a pressure and return connection on it while all other LS1/2/6 fuel rails only have a fuel pressure connection.

Re'
Old 12-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RE AND CHERYL
Does your fuel system have a return? If so It won't work with the LS1 return less style fuel rail. You will either have to install a fuel pressure reg in the engine compartment or locate a 97 Vette LS1 fuel rail. These were the only fuel rails installed on the LS1 that had a pressure regulator built in to it. It has a pressure and return connection on it while all other LS1/2/6 fuel rails only have a fuel pressure connection.

Re'
Yes it does have a stock return.

I am using Speed Inc. rails on my new LS6 intake. I am running a Speed Inc. FPR also.

Fuel will go into the rear of the driver side rail, crossover at the front to the passenger side rail, exit out of the back to the FPR, then from the FPR to the stock return line.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Do you have any pictures of the return?

There has to be a flexible line between the engine and the hardline...how big is the hardline? 5/16" I'd guess?