Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

low fuel pressure 2001 c5

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low fuel pressure 2001 c5

i have a drivibilty issue. at low rpms in overdrive the car "sputters-misfires"..its been doing it for two weeks no codes yet. i have replaced plugs, wires, o2 sensors, fuel filter/regulator, and tried a friends MAF. i installed a gauge on the fuel rail, which led me to the filter swap. my filter was clogged pretty bad. i was only getting 50psi at idle and the pressure bleed off rapidly after car was shut off. after the new filter/regulator install my pressure was at 58 psi at idle. i thought that was my problem but was wrong. now im only seeing 52psi at idle and it is still bleeding off pressure, however now where near as rapidly as before. is it possible that the pump is going bad causing this drivibility issue. i do understand that with the filter clogged, the pump was having to work a little harder. i also pulled the fuel rail out with injectors installed and primed the system. it didnt appear to have any leaky injectors. i also am aware that there is a check valve between the two tanks that can fail and bleed off pressure. i wouldnt think that would cause the drivibility issue. im running out of ideas but my next thought is the fuel pump is bleeding back pressure and not performing correctly causing my low rpm problem.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a pump going out.