Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008 | 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Default Racetronix problem

What's it mean when fuel is shooting out of the top of the pump instead of going out the feed tube in a racetronix setup?

The pump kicks on and sounds like it primes just fine. My car is not getting any fuel to the rails. I then checked to see if fuel is coming out of the tank at all and it wasn't. Then I pulled the pump and instead of the gas being fed into the feed tube, it is spraying out of the hole opposite of the nipple (marked "Opening" on the attached sketch). The pump is a little less than 1 year old and has about 9k miles on it.
Attached Thumbnails Racetronix problem-racetronixsketch.gif  
Old 03-14-2008 | 05:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by XtreemeChaos
What's it mean when fuel is shooting out of the top of the pump instead of going out the feed tube in a racetronix setup?

The pump kicks on and sounds like it primes just fine. My car is not getting any fuel to the rails. I then checked to see if fuel is coming out of the tank at all and it wasn't. Then I pulled the pump and instead of the gas being fed into the feed tube, it is spraying out of the hole opposite of the nipple (marked "Opening" on the attached sketch). The pump is a little less than 1 year old and has about 9k miles on it.
Something has caused the pressure safety bypass valve to stick open.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 03-14-2008 | 06:13 AM
Staging Lane

Is there anything I can do to find the cause or to fix it myself? Is there a way to reset the valve and see if it happens again? That picture looks like it's internal.
Old 03-15-2008 | 04:19 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by XtreemeChaos
Is there anything I can do to find the cause or to fix it myself? Is there a way to reset the valve and see if it happens again? That picture looks like it's internal.
Unfortunately there is no set procedure we can recommend to fix this problem. Once something is lodged under the valve seat it is tough to clear.

Please e-mail support@racetronix.com with your problem and all your contact info.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<