Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel line blowing off!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 07:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel line blowing off!?!

Fuel is leaking out of the feed line into the driver side fuel rail. more than once while the engine was running id wiggle the feed line only to be rewarded with it blowing off and showering fuel all over. Ive replaced the retaining clip (the old one had gotten stuck on the nipple and came out of the line at one point) but its still leaking. Is there supposed to be an O-ring or something in there? ?
Ive got the stock rails, but this works.. the white plastic piece is what I replaced(took off of nipple, put new one into the line itself where it should be)

fortunately a buddy at work has an 02 Z28..
Upon further inspection, theres a rubber "gromet" that fits over the connection and a metal clip that hold them together. I have neither.
could this be the problem?
where can I get this gromet and clip?

Last edited by CBIII; 05-18-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Hey there,

I got mine from Summit racing, if you do a search for "fuel rail fittings" you will find them.

There are 2 different sizes though, so make sure you get the right one (one size is for feed, one is the return) IIRC the 3/8ths is the feed side. and the one you need, but don't quote me on that...

Hope this this helps and you get her fixed...

Also i should add that these fittings even though they accomplish the same thing as the stock connectors they are designed a bit different. If you look inside your adaptor, there is a rubber seal in there and that white plastic piece is like the metal clip on the stockers. My guess is the rubber part in your fitting might be worn out and is leaking a bit.

I got 2 of these things on my fuel bucket, and they work great with no leaks. FWIW

Thanks...
--Mike

Last edited by dcvingv6; 05-18-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Launching!

i imagine the rubber piece is just an oring.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

IIRC it looks more like the rubber "seal" that are in spark plug sockets, its kind of a strange design.

I bought them new, so i didn't look to see if the rubber part is replaceable. But for like 15-20 bucks, its not a huge hit
--Mike
Old 05-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Launching!

I bought a new stock fitting, but I cant sem to find a pic to make sure its right. Fail.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Launching!

wow...way to step it up ls1tech.

how about a picture of a STOCK fuel feed line CONNECTED TO fuel rail? too much?
Old 05-19-2008, 06:02 PM
On The Tree

I'm sorry if i didn't understand your question the first time, i thought you were looking for the part in the picture you posted because it was leaking...

It might help to post a picture of your specific setup, and maybe I or others might be able to help more.

As far as stock rubber hose feed that runs from the stock hard line (across from the #1 cylinder coil pack, going down and under the car) to the stock fuel rail should be pretty straight forward. There is a bend in the line, and it almost only fits 1 way. The rubber hose clicks onto the hard line, and clicks onto the stock rail.

Unfortunately i don't have a picture of the stock fuel system before i put my new one in.

Post up some pic's and we'll get you squared away!!!
Or feel free to PM me for my email address, and you can email them to me.

Thanks...
--Mike
Old 05-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Launching!

my car is at my work since i didnt want to risk a rushhour drive home with a fuel leak. Ive got an all stock fuel setup and my feed line connector (connects fuel line to the fuel rail nipple) is leaking. My connector has the retaining clip (the white piece in the first picture) but theres no "spring clip" or whatever in the new connector i bought. The new one is also straight and the stock is curved. I will try to replace them when I get off (of course Im on a work computer and can only see certain pictures it seems) but pics would be nice to figure out wtf im missing.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

Just from memory, if you are talking about the factory fuel line, where it connects to the fuel rail..... if memory serves me right, yes you are supposed to have the metal retainer clip... however, this is just a safety.... the line should still seal without this. Bottom line is a pic on your part would help alot. Worst case scenario, if for some reason your fuel rail has a crack at the nipple(highly unlikely) I've got a fatory rail set up I will give you. Let me know what you find.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

Factory
Old 05-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Launching!

actually, its the gromet/oring assembly in the stock fuel feed line.. thats what I really need.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you ever get this resolved? Im in the same boat...