Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

When does more fuel pressure need tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by odd boy
This is what we use in efilive which is the actual AFR/commanded AFR, so it is the correction factor. hp tuners call it AFR error (table no 7).
I have a commanded AFR pid with HPTuners. I messed around with that and the Fuel System Status pid which shows OL/CL.
I found that while in CL and running steady it slips into OL decel when it hits -43 on the STFT. So I guess thats normal.
I'd like to be able to verify this with a wideband but I got rid of the one I had.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

What I meant by saying:

Originally Posted by odd boy
Just to prove that the problem is not with pump/injectors, run the car on open loop and see what BEN's you will get. If they are okay, that means the tune should be okay too in the CL.
I meant u need to apply the elimination rule to identify the root cause of ur problem.

1. Make sure that WB is working fine.
2. Force the car to be on OL all the time, like when u do Auto VE tune.
3. Unplug the MAF sensor, and disable it from the PCM.
4. Start logging the AFR error table.
5. If the AFR error is very small, that means u don't need to tune ur injectors. I have feeling that says u won't need to tune them. If u remember the % diff I calculated for u was around 1%.
6. If u check step#5 and find it doesn't need tune, this way u prove that the problem is not with fuel system (injectors + pump).
7. Return every thing back and start thinking about all factors that contribute in the CL correction "like O2 sensor"

Please ask me about each step if it is not clear.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Banned

I see now, I need a wideband. I got rid of the one I had and I'm looking for another one, and I'm looking hard because I had a bum LM-1, I read a lot of good stuff about that one before I paid $350 for it and some bungs.

So I need to get a wideband to get the AFR error to work with HPTuners, it's a user defined pid.

Your instructions are very clear, I've had so many that weren't.
The rest of the week I can't do anything. So next week hopefully I'll have a good wideband and I'll get back to you on this. Hopefully with a fixed problem.
I appreciate your help a lot, thank you.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

by the way I have LM-1 and its not bad! Good luck.