Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Whats the Deal w/ the return line???

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My question is:

Can you delete the intake regulator on the 99-up tanks, add a return regulator and line to the front to control fuel pressure?

The reason I ask is becuase that is how I am running mine. It is a redundant regulator and acting really as a fuel rail pressure balancer and return with the regulator in the tank.

I am fixing to have to replace my walbro i think, and would like to just add a plug to where the intake regulator is now. I think if you just capped it off so fuel could free flowt through it, I could actually use my front mounted regulator for what it was meant to do.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The FMU before the tank regulator will work. Procharger did this on the original LS1 F-body kits.

As for removing the tank regulator... you can remove the regulator internals in the tank & run the return line from the front regulator directly to the original tank connection.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
The FMU before the tank regulator will work. Procharger did this on the original LS1 F-body kits.

As for removing the tank regulator... you can remove the regulator internals in the tank & run the return line from the front regulator directly to the original tank connection.

With removing the tanks internals...should I put a cap over there the regulator was? That way the fuel does just "drop" into the tank?
Old 08-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the clarification Lonnie.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will pretty much return back into the bucket, which is preferred.

It works better if you completely remove the regulator instead of just the side of the regulator (where the spring/diaphragm is) as it then returns directly into the bucket. When it sprays out of the side of the regulator it tends to scatter around the tank more.