Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Factory return line size plug?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Factory return line size plug?

I'm using the factory feed and evap for my fuel lines. I have everything I need except for the plug that fits in the factory feed T (for the return). I was told this might be a brake line fitting. I would prefer not to weld it up in case I sell the car and go back to stock. Anyone know what this is? Thanks- Mike.
Attached Thumbnails Factory return line size plug?-012-old-return-line.jpg  
Old 06-28-2008, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is the 'return' that goes back to the tank. Our cars have a regulator in the fuel pump assembly stock and that allows extra pressure to be returned to the tank via that T-fitting.
On my car, I removed the regulator in the tank, and ran an external boost referenced aeromotive unit under the hood. I disconnected that T-fitting, but the bad news is you'll have a heck of a time trying to find a plug for it. I checked all over town, and just decided to pull it lose, cut it off about 2" back from it, and used another pipe fitting to 6AN adapter there to retain the lead/connection at the tank for my 6AN return that I ran from my adj. regulator. So since I was unable to find that size to plug that hole (metric), I found another pipe fitting to attach to the other end of that 2" piece and put a cap on the end of it. You could do that or cut that back another inch or so and fold the pipe over itself and fill it with silicone to plug it. Hope this helps and isn't too confusing.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know what everything is and how it works. See sig below, I have a FPR up front, but thanks for the lesson . All I wanted to know is what size that fitting is.

It's cool though. A friend of mine that replaced his fuel system and pulled his stock lines said I could take out that fitting, cut the line and weld it up and put it in mine. So I'm good. Like I said, I could do that on mine, I just don't want to cut anything in case the car ever goes back to stock. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well is sounds like you got it covered. Anyways I used a GM style O-ring adapter fitting to change it to a -6 size then used a -6 female plug. Aeromotive makes it. However, I don't remember the size of the male threaded end into the T block. Here is a pic

Old 07-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Probably a little late on this one, but I just got done putting mine all together.

The correct parts you need to plug that T-block are:

Russel Part # 648070 (14mm x 1.5 O-ring to -6AN)
-6AN Cap (I used Summit Racing part number SUM-220640N)

This picture is the wrong size fitting (16mm), but the correct part is damn near identical:

I finally have the return up by the rails:

Old 12-14-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

very nice, thanks for the info on the plug and cap required on the T-block

Quick Reply: Factory return line size plug?