Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Stock fuel injector/system question

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock fuel injector/system question

I have a 1994 T/A with a stock fuel system and it looks like their is no fuel getting to the cylinders. I have checked the psi @ the shrader valve and it was 38 psi with the key in the on position and motor off or not cranking, when I crank the motor it goes up to 44 psi till I stop cranking it, then it drops to 40 psi till I bleed the pressure off. All of the injectors are getting 12 volts with the key in the run position, but the weird thing is all but #4 injector give a 13 ohm reading, #4 gives 12 ohm reading. Am I missing something here or is the numbers off the I have given? I almost think the injectors are fried and the pump is going out, am I right in thinking this? Thanks for any help you all can give.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:13 AM
FormerVendor

Sounds like the pump is functioning and the injectors ohm OK. You prob are not getting a trigger signal at the injectors to fire. Crank signal, wiring issue, computer, ground....could be any number of things.

Nate
Old 07-15-2008, 03:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks, I was wondering if those #'s sounded weird, I though the fuel psi was a few pounds low but not enuff to justify a new pump. Also the injectors not all having the same resistence. It makes me mad cause I got it to fire with the current setup and it ran for about 30 seconds and has yet to start again, so it is something recent that caused it to mess up. Do you know where I can get the testers or get some one to test it fr me, in So. Cal, mostly the Computer, Thanks again to all

Quick Reply: Stock fuel injector/system question