Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

99+ front mount regulator with stock lines..

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 99+ front mount regulator with stock lines..

It has been awhile and I am not exactly sure how all the lines are routed in the rear of the car. I'm using the evap line as the return, and as soon as the pump primes the car leaks fuel from the rear. Is this because I need to make another modification at the rear?

Last edited by black98ws6ta; 08-06-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

To anyone that has this question you do have to find a way to get the evap line directly into the tank. It goes through the canister and such mounted on the top of the tank and will leak. I am wanting not to modify anything factory so I think I am going to remove the regulator and tie the evap into the factory return line(that tee's off of the feed).
Old 08-06-2008, 07:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you actually know what you are doing? Not to be harsh but you need to learn how to identify your components before you burn your car down. What regulator are you talking about. The F car has the fuel pressure regulator in the tank on the sending unit.

If you are looking at the part on the fuel rail, that is a pulse dampener, not a regulator.

What exactly are you trying to do?
Old 08-06-2008, 11:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I highly rec. leaving the EVAP line intact. Now you disconnected it and filled the charcoal canister with fuel NOT GOOD just going to let all that fuel evaporate into the air or your garage. You still need to vent the tank somehow that is what the charcoal can is for it collects all the vapors from the tank and sends the leftovers to your intake to be burned.

Nate
Old 08-06-2008, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would suggest just running a new return line and connecting it to the return port on the top of the sending unit. You need to remove the stock regulator in the tank. Also need to block off the return line port in the fuel line T fitting near the fuel filter. Here is a picture of the T fitting and the return port that I plugged.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 69LT1Bird
Do you actually know what you are doing? Not to be harsh but you need to learn how to identify your components before you burn your car down. What regulator are you talking about. The F car has the fuel pressure regulator in the tank on the sending unit.

If you are looking at the part on the fuel rail, that is a pulse dampener, not a regulator.

What exactly are you trying to do?
First off this is not my car but a friend who I am trying to help. It has everything aftermarket from where the hard lines connect near the drivers side frame rail. AFTERMARKET REGULATOR, RAILS, AND LINES.

If you read past your post....everyone else knew what I was talking about...except you.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by No Juice
I would suggest just running a new return line and connecting it to the return port on the top of the sending unit. You need to remove the stock regulator in the tank. Also need to block off the return line port in the fuel line T fitting near the fuel filter. Here is a picture of the T fitting and the return port that I plugged.

It is blocked the same as in your picture...we are just going to connect the stock evap line to the return line in the rear and remove the regulator in the tank. Just like you have it but using the stock evap line instead of a new line.

Quick Reply: 99+ front mount regulator with stock lines..