Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

PCV coated wire?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCV coated wire?

Where are you guys getting your PCV coated wire for your dual walbro installs? I have been to two parts stores and Walmart and no one has wire that can be submersed in fuel.

I'm also having trouble finding a Y to connect my pumps with. I have a big vacuum T I could use but it just doesn't seem like that would flow very well.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had to go to aeroquip's website to find a part # and then ordered from Summit on the y block, sorry don't have it handy. The wire I haven't started looking for yet but NAPA should have it.

here it is AER FBM2179 .....$24.95

Last edited by Raffman; 08-08-2008 at 08:29 PM. Reason: found #
Old 08-08-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Raffman
I had to go to aeroquip's website to find a part # and then ordered from Summit on the y block, sorry don't have it handy. The wire I haven't started looking for yet but NAPA should have it.

here it is AER FBM2179 .....$24.95
Thanks for the part number but I'm having a hard time finding the correct size fittings to screw into that Y block.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I found a Y block and some fittings that will work it will be like 50$ with shipping for the stupid Y block.

I find it hard to believe that everyone uses SAE 30R10 submersible fuel injection hose and PCV coated wire when they do their Walbro installs. It is damn near impossible to find submersible fuel injection hose. I've only found it on a couple sights and it is like 20-23$ a food + shipping.

I have not found ANY wire that states what it is coated with. I've looked parts stores and online.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Launching!

I've found suitable wire at just about every hardware store I've been to. Just go to the aisle where they sell wire by the foot and look for the wiring that says right on the insulation "gasoline and oil resistant". However, I've always used regular fuel injection hose and regular old automotive wiring for pump installs. I've ran pump setups like that for over 120,000 miles with no problems.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the OEM's use teflon coated wire.

gas and oil resistant, is different than gas and oil submersible.

Ryan
Old 08-09-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by waveoff
I've found suitable wire at just about every hardware store I've been to. Just go to the aisle where they sell wire by the foot and look for the wiring that says right on the insulation "gasoline and oil resistant". However, I've always used regular fuel injection hose and regular old automotive wiring for pump installs. I've ran pump setups like that for over 120,000 miles with no problems.
I guess we have some shitty hardware stores. Neither one of ours sells wire by the foot. The family owned hardware/parts store in town had small spools of wire and O'Rileys had the same crap as Walmart but marked up 1.50$. I live about an hour from the nearest big city. I guess I'll have to make a 2 hour round trip to a real hardware store.

The fuel injection hose the local parts guy gave me was SAE 30R9 fuel resistant but not made to be submersed. I guess I'll try my luck with it but I would much rather do this right the first time.

Originally Posted by slow
the OEM's use teflon coated wire.

gas and oil resistant, is different than gas and oil submersible.

Ryan
So can I just use some of the OEM wiring from the car? I have no problem cutting off a pigtail that went to the emissions crap that I've done away with.