Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Engine SYS fuse blown

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ENG SEN fuse blown

About 2 months ago - my ENG SEN fuse under the hood popped and made the car run pretty bad off idle to about 3000 RPM. It basically was just dumping fuel in the motor. After a bunch of troubleshooting and figuring out it was just a fuse, I replaced it. It was about a month later, it blew again, so I knew something wasn't just exactly right. I replaced it once again, and once again it ran perfect. Well, last night it blew, I replaced it, the next one blew within 2 minutes. So, I'm thinking whatever had a 'glitch' before has probably went ahead and let go. When it happened the first time, I had it scanned, and it threw a P0102 code, MAF. Well, obviously that was't the cause of it. Plus, I put an SLP MAF on it right afterwards just to be sure and everything has been fine. Also, for the small amount of time (2 minutes) before the fuse blew again, the car ran perfectly fine.

Can anyone shed any light on which sensor/module has the ability to blow this particular fuse? The last fuse I tried, I put a slightly larger one in - didn't help, still blew. And it's acting the same as it did before, very strong odor of fuel at idle, rough idle, runs rough up to 2500 or 3000 RPM, basically where the engine can 'drink' that amount of fuel.

Nothing has been changed/updated, and car had plenty of miles on it since any upgrades were done - long ago..

Last edited by Old Chevy Lover; 09-26-2008 at 06:17 PM. Reason: mis-typed fuse name
Old 09-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Teching In

to the top...anyone?
Old 09-29-2008, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

different car, but in my GTO, it splices off and goes to...
ECM
EVAP vent solenoid
EVAP purge solenoid
MAF
All O2s
and 2 relays

mine blew once, but it was right after installing my LTs. one of the O2s were smashed against my trans (aftermarket servo) and gounded out. after replacing the O2 and moving it, i havent had any other problems

what you might try is to get one of those LED fuses (the one that lights up when it blows), have someone watch the fuse and you move the wire harness around by the different sensors. if it pops then youve found your problem.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you melted the wiring on the passenger side that goes down the frame next to the exhaust. look there or around and you will find burnt up wires.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

did this ever work, was dlove right? thread never finished....
Old 02-24-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

same problem with mine previously , everytime when i change the ENG SEN fuse it blow again , the problem with mine was short on the 02 it was short , u have to check for to 2 things , maf and 02 sensors and i hope everything will be fine , when its blown the reverse comes locked right ?
Old 02-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Yep, sorry about that. Dlove was exactly right. The header on that side had melted the insulation off of a couple of the wires. The weren't touching all the time, which is why sometimes the fuse would blow and sometimes it wouldn't.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

yep, he gets no reverse.... keeps blowing his eng sen fuse,,,, we looked for burnt wires, but no luck. Right b4 this started to happen, he kinda installed a zex kit (its not wired in, only mounted)