Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

C5 fuel tank siphon

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 fuel tank siphon

Can anyone tell me how the fuel tank siphon system operates? Is is a constant flow, or does it siphon intermittently? Will a standard Walbro drop in, or does the system require a special pump to siphon? I need to install three 255 pumps to maintain flow. This vehicle does have a return style fuel system. Any specs or input would be appreciated.

'98 C5 408ci, twin GT35's,4L60E, 2600 stall
Old 10-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a continual siphon affect. Gas is pulled over from the passenger's side tank to the driver's tank by a line that uses the return line and gravity to produce the siphon affect. If the driver's side tank is full, then any extra gas brought over will cause the same amount of gas to spill over to the passenger's side tank by the top level connecting tube that joins both tanks at the top. I am sure that is clear as mud
Old 10-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Teching In

The fuel pump supplies a small amount of pressurized fuel to the right fuel tank siphon jet pump through the auxiliary fuel feed pipe. The pressurized fuel creates a venturi action inside the siphon jet pump. The venturi action causes the fuel to be drawn out of the right fuel tank. Fuel is then transferred from the right fuel tank to the left fuel tank through the auxiliary fuel return pipe. The fuel pump also supplies fuel to an venturi pump located on the bottom of the left fuel sender assembly. The function of the venturi pump is to fill the fuel sender assembly reservoir
Old 10-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: C5 fuel tank siphon