Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

bolt size needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 10:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bolt size needed!!!

Does anyone know the part # or bolt size for the Tq arm bolt that goes into the small end (on the trans) not the rear end. The bolt that goes into the clamp with the bushing.

I had a guy give me a part # but it was the wrong part that got ordered and it's the long bolt for the tq arm/rear end, not the tq arm clamp.

Appreciate any input, even size so I can replace it at a bolt company store (thread/size/pitch etc)
Old 01-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Banned

I would just measure it, or take the other one out and match it up to one at a good hardware store.
Thats my advice until someone posts a part number or size.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:39 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
I would just measure it, or take the other one out and match it up to one at a good hardware store.
Thats my advice until someone posts a part number or size.
Came out doing about 75 mph on the highway...or I would measure it.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Banned

So they both fell out?

Measure the tail housing and bracket. Auto repair begins at the car not the internet.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
So they both fell out?

Measure the tail housing and bracket. Auto repair begins at the car not the internet.
It's not the bolt that goes on the rear end...it's not the two long bolts that go through the back of the tq arm and keep the rear from rotating.

It's the small bolt that goes through the clamshell on the front of the small part of tq arm that connects up near the trans.

The tq arm when the car is under load is hitting the trans tunnel by rotating up.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Banned

Read this carefully and slow. I'll say the same thing again.

There are three bolts that hold the torque arm mount to the transmission, one is welded to the bracket, the other two are the same size.

Take the other one out, take it to the store, match it up.
If you can't do that, get under and measure for length. It's a 10mm bolt.
If you can't do that take it to a shop and read a womans world magazine in the waiting room while they fix it.

Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
It's not the bolt that goes on the rear end...it's not the two long bolts that go through the back of the tq arm and keep the rear from rotating.

It's the small bolt that goes through the clamshell on the front of the small part of tq arm that connects up near the trans.

The tq arm when the car is under load is hitting the trans tunnel by rotating up.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

if its' the top bolt on the torque arm bracket it's a M10x1.5x30...and i believe the front one is a M10x1.5x40... here's a link to another forum with the trans swap info and all the bolts that are up there

http://www.f-bodyhideout.com/forums/...ad.php?t=15850