Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Stock torque arm Moser 9"

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sportfan
While I know there are many out there that have made it work. It is recommended to use an aftermarket adjustable torque arm. Obviously the OP is having troubles and this might be his best plan of attack. My goal is to not to start an argument, but to assist the OP with his particluar issue.
It's cool. We're all here to share our thoughts and experiences. Sometimes they will differ.

FWIW, I think any decent aftermarket rear install should not only include an adjustable TA, but also an on-car adjustable PHB, on-car adjustable LCA's, LCA relocation brackets, and a better anti-roll bar.

OP, get the wallet out and prepare to part with some more of your hard-earned. Are those stock LCA's I see on there? There's a chance you may need at least the adj PHB in order to recenter the rear.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've never had any issues getting my stock torque arm on and off of my 9'', each situation is unique though. I do have an adjustable panhard bar and LCAs as well though.

I do have a BMR torque arm as well, but I borrowed a TH350 for a couple of weeks and had the stock TA for those wondering.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PowerShift408
Is the torque arm all the way into the tranny mount?

Well, I got it on! And I didn't have to fight with it either.... All I did was loosen the torque arm clam shell and push the arm forward about 3/4", and everything went together fine!
Old 02-08-2009, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jetlag
Well, I got it on! And I didn't have to fight with it either.... All I did was loosen the torque arm clam shell and push the arm forward about 3/4", and everything went together fine!

AHAHAHA I'm a genius Glad everything worked out for you.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, for anyone saying "ahhhhhh stock suspension + $2k+ rearend = FTL!!111!!!" ...

Just a little low on funds after dropping all that coin on a rearend, fuel pump, injectors, rollbar, Kirkey, harness, tires, SJM ABS Delete, HPtuners, Wideband, etc all in one month. Aftermarket suspension will be on eventually.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:29 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

You will want to keep an eye on that oem torque arm as they tend to bend approx six inches ahead of the rear. Check this link out. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...php?service=58
Bob

Quick Reply: Stock torque arm Moser 9"