Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

What is causing my annoying vibration? and will a Denny's Driveshaft help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is causing my annoying vibration? and will a Denny's Driveshaft help?

Alright 2 or 3 years ago I installed a Moser 9" rear end. I went from 3.73 gears to 4.22 gears. I hope I remember correctly by saying the vibration started after that. It starts vibrating at 65mph or so and higher. I have the stock steel driveshaft. I have heard numerous people saying going to real low gears can cause it and that you need to change driveshafts. I've also heard that you just need a high speed balance done to your driveshaft. Could it be something else? Keep in mind I do have a frame mounted torque arm as well. Which I know will cause me to feel some vibrations but why just above a certain mph. Also will a Denny's nitrous driveshaft get rid of this? Does anyone know what is causing this. Thank you sooooooo much for any help.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:52 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The vibration is more than likely a result of using a stock length driveshaft. The 9 inch needs a one inch longer driveshaft, although most people can get by with the stock length shaft. We've encountered three or four people who have ha the exact problem you are describing. This is the driveshaft we use and sell. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=541 Bob
Old 05-17-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djm_e22
...Also will a Denny's nitrous driveshaft get rid of this? ...
I don't know about their drive shaft, but their Grand Slam breakfast shure helps a hangover.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Weezzer
I don't know about their drive shaft, but their Grand Slam breakfast shure helps a hangover.
Amen brotha