Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

moser 9 inch installed have question

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default moser 9 inch installed have question

i need to center the rear , is there a standard way to do this ? i have adj trailing arms and panhard bar , im wondering what i should take my measure ment off of to center the rear , thanks
Old 05-15-2009, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tape a string with a metal washer on the fenders , the washers will hang down and give you a referance point , make sure the car is on level ground, adjust from there, try that or maybe some one else has a better way
Old 05-16-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put the wheels/tires on and eyball it with the inner wheel well. Close one eye and line it up from behind/below. That is how I did mine lol.

For the LCAs, start by making them the same length as stock. You can measure from the tire to the front lip of the painted part of the fender. Use the seam in the body to assist in staying level with the tape measure. Make adjustments as needed.

Don't forget to check the pinion angle....

Beyond that, I think it would be good idea to have a shop, with know-how and the tools, do a four wheel alignment on the car.

Hopefully, you got the on-car adjustable parts, otherwise, you'll wish you had a second set of hands.

Last edited by ShevrolayZ28; 05-16-2009 at 11:02 PM.