Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

New rear Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New rear Problems

Hi guys I just installed a new rear and have a few problems with it. For starters it's not centered in the car the driver's tire sticks out the wheel well about 1" to 1.5" the pass side is flush. I know a adj.phb will cure that but the drivers side brake caliper bracket is rubbing my rotor on the outside surface making me think the axle is sticking out too far. The axle sticks out of the axle tube more on the drivers side than on the pass side. On the pass side the axle flange just clears the backing plates on the drivers side it has a 1"-1.5" space. Anyone ever come across this before? I can put shims in between the backing plate and axle tube but don't want to band aid it. Thanks guys.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no one has any ideas? On a 10 bolt does the drivers side axle stick out of the tube further than the pass. side? I forgot to mention i also did the hose mod when i swapped rears so that may be part of the problem with the rear not being centered as it lowered the back of the car at least 1"
Old 05-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Launching!

Whats the hose mod?
Old 05-19-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xbcrguy182x
Whats the hose mod?
when you remove the top rubber bushing on your rear springs, and replace it with a piece of heater hose. gives you a small drop to even front and rear
Old 05-19-2009, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah but in my case for some reason it dropped the rear lower than the front???????? Now the back is just a little lower than the front like a firehawk lol. As for the other problem i have it figured out. But thanks anyway guys. Damm 27 views and not one suggestion???!!!!! what is this site coming to? just kidding guys don't anyone get their panties in a bunch lol