Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

a4, 4.10 gears??

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by '02TA
I'm an A4 car with 4.10's and I daily my car everywhere including the highway. There is a chart on here somewhere that tells you what rpm your at and at what speed with a particular gearing. The difference between 3.73 and 4.10 is like a couple hundred rpm... the choice was easy for me. I have never had any traction issues with my car though I have stock suspension??? and I knew that if I didn't like the 4.10's for some reason that I could get a taller tire...which I do have to run on nitrous for traction, but normally I run a 26inch nitto DR.

The difference between the 2 is not that big so I would rather give up a tiny little extra top end for more down low and when cruising around the city in 3rd the powerband is right there...It's beatiful

good info, this car for me wont be my daily unless it needs to be. Hopefully over the winter i can save some money up and next racing season it will be alomost completly different. I would like to do a moser 9" and a KYTP 76mm kit

Last edited by MelScrilla; 07-16-2009 at 12:23 PM.

Quick Reply: a4, 4.10 gears??