Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Hey guys, just a quick question about gears>

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009 | 04:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by oddwraith
next mod coming up. Might go with the motives (regardless of sound) unless someone else has a sponsor on here that might prove better. Ie: Jawsgear?
The ones so far i have heard comment well on Jaws. I personally have no experience with them though. I talked a buddy into buying Summit branded gears (dont know who makes them) and i will be installing them for him on monday. Im interested to see how they turn out bc my primary experience is with Motives.
Old 07-21-2009 | 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dondb
If you do them yourself...make sure you follow all installation instruction!!! I just put in a set of AAM 3:73's, no gear whine. But the pinion pre-load changed and now i have to take the whole thing back apart to reset the pre-load This time i bought two new pinion bearings and a solid crush sleeve. And yes the car feels more responsive and feels better at all speeds. Don't forget your going to have to tune the car for the gear change to keep the speedometer correct.

I have someone in mind for my install-he's good! Also yes, I have taken into account the speedo adjustment and I can do that with my Diablo. Thanks for the input.