Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

9" hitting on launch, unloading rear?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 01:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 9" hitting on launch, unloading rear?

Just curious, my car is an M6 with a moser 9". I'm at stock height with no springs insulators, KYB adjustables set on 7. The rear currently hits the floor and the bump stops on a launch. I've heard that this can unload the rear hurting traction. Just wanted to see if anyone could confirm this. I'm thinking I need to remove/modify the bumpstops and BFH where the rear is hitting the floor board.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My car is lowered on Sportlines and eventually the rearend clearanced itself.

Did you get the LCA relocation brackets on the rearend? If not try those, cheap and well worth it.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:11 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jetlag

Did you get the LCA relocation brackets on the rearend? If not try those, cheap and well worth it.
I agree, get lca brackets if you don't have them. Bob
Old 07-18-2009, 04:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jetlag

My rear use to bang the body alittle it also clearenced it self over time. But for while I was hitting the bump stops on lunch with my Moser 9" and I also have LCA relocation brackets set to the lowest setting and it still hit. A set of QA1's fixed that!
Old 07-19-2009, 10:57 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the replies, I've been meaning to get the LCA relocation brackets, just keep forgeting. Guess I'll order a set this week. To bad the ones on my 12 bolt are already welded. I may end up throwing the KYB's on the '01 and upgrading to QA1's also. I need to get it right before the winter upgrade in power...
Old 07-20-2009, 12:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smnitFB
Thanks for the replies, I've been meaning to get the LCA relocation brackets, just keep forgeting. Guess I'll order a set this week. To bad the ones on my 12 bolt are already welded. I may end up throwing the KYB's on the '01 and upgrading to QA1's also. I need to get it right before the winter upgrade in power...

The 9" has different mount sizes. Relocation brackets from a 10 or 12 bolt will not fit on a 9"
Old 07-20-2009, 07:12 AM
11 Second Club

Make sure you order relocation brakets for a Moser rearend. UMI and Spohn make specific brackets for Moser rears. BMR's will fit also that is what I have.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Staging Lane

are you sure youre hitting the bumpstops and not the body? I had to beat the crap out of the body behind and underneath the drivers back seat so mine wouldnt hit anymore.. Or I guess monster launching it a few times will probly clearence itself after time.. If you are hitting the bumpstops, you can either get the relocation brackets and/or put some cheap inflatable airbags inside the springs.. That way you can adjust the rear to squat however you want it. I have the relocation brackets with the lca's on the bottom hole and the bags set at 5psi and the shocks set at 2. car squats beautifull!