Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

4ch rear into 3ch car question

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009 | 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

Default 4ch rear into 3ch car question

Has anyone figured out what to do when installing a 4channel rear into a car that came with a 3channel rear.

Problem I have is I just bought a used(moser) 12 bolt with a eaton posi that was in a 4channel car but my car is setup for a 3channel.

Is there any way to get the ABS to work without changing out the rear carrier so install a reluctor ring and drill a hole up top for the sensor.
Old 08-09-2009 | 03:56 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 11SECSS
Has anyone figured out what to do when installing a 4channel rear into a car that came with a 3channel rear.

Problem I have is I just bought a used(moser) 12 bolt with a eaton posi that was in a 4channel car but my car is setup for a 3channel.

Is there any way to get the ABS to work without changing out the rear carrier so install a reluctor ring and drill a hole up top for the sensor.
Not that I know of. Your best bet would be to leave the ABS disconnected, your front brakes won't have ABS either. You will have a light on the dash to contend with, it can't be programmed out, but the light can be removed. Bob
Old 08-16-2009 | 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

taking it apart and putting the reluctor ring on and drilling a hole in the top for the sensor would be the only way to keep your abs. i had the same problem when i picked up a used rear, 4ch rear 3ch car. it wasnt that bad to do. talk to scott at DLS, he helped me out greatly by putting a reluctor ring on my spool for alot cheaper then what the ring from moser was. thats if you can get them to sell it to you, they tried telling me a needed a whole new rear.
Old 08-16-2009 | 07:03 PM
10 Second Club

I've decided to do awy with the ABS .....it will be cheaper to that then to have the rear resetup to keep the ABS .
Old 08-16-2009 | 07:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Not that I know of. Your best bet would be to leave the ABS disconnected, your front brakes won't have ABS either. You will have a light on the dash to contend with, it can't be programmed out, but the light can be removed. Bob

Whats 1 more light