Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana
View Poll Results: S60 with Truetrac vs Fab 9 with Wavetrac
S60 with Truetrac
25.00%
Fab 9 with Wavetrac
75.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

S60 with Truetrac vs Fab 9 with Wavetrac?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 10:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have s60 with 3.54 gears and the tru trac or whatever its called exactly not locker or spool. I have been running around 700 to 750engine hp for last 500 miles with the six speed but just on old nittos and no track and only a few higher rpm launches.
Now converting to auto so figure should be ok even on et street radials and will be tracking the car maybe a dozen or so times then retire it from track duty.
Also bmr bolt on relocation brackets were direct bolt on.I did go smaller on back sway bar as my hotchkis wasn't fittting that great on the dana. Might just have been the way they welded the brackets on the rear or something though not sure.

That wavetrac might be interesting if they make it for the dana 60 in the future ,assuming its not an option now.
I have never driven a car with locker or spool so not sure how would like them. Since have seen the weak 10 bolts survive quite a bit of stuff behind autos on our cars figure the dana 60 should be ok behind my auto for few passes. Guess find out next season.
As for other comments my chrome cover is leaking. Where do you get this LPW cover and any problems with clearance. STrange used to offer different cover but guess it could interfere with something or other?

As for noise dana is pretty quiet. Have some noise at higher speeds like 80mph and up but think that might be tires or something else.driveshaft balance..wheels..

Dana fit good, keeps my abs .Did paint it also.

Quick Reply: S60 with Truetrac vs Fab 9 with Wavetrac?