Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

in the market for a rearend? ck this out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 03:07 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
eric, ill be needing a rear at the end of the year. i really want your midwest fab 9 but the problem is, is that i have a umi tq arm and relocation kit with all the hardware kit and pinion angle finder(m6). all of it is brand new never installed. i know i can't use it with any of the fab stuff that uses there own tq arm. i would really like to keep weight down an have a nice piece on top of it, but what do you suggest i do? i don't want to take a hit on selling this and get whacked on shipping too(stuff is heavy). i gurantee ill be doing business with you its just a matter of when. should i just go with moser 9" an keep it simple since i have almost everything?
2in narrowed each side (5.5bs)
35spline spool
nod center section
9"(which one?)

btw, does the standard moser come with a fill/drain plug and the 4 holes that are adjustable for the lca's?
i would for sure sell off the UMI stuf and get the setup we offer with the rearend... if is far superior in weight and strength! see what you can get for the parts and go from there... chances are you will be able to sell it off for most of what the new parts will cost difference.
fill and drain are 35.00 options each on the standard 9 inch, and the relocator brackets are only 3 hole i believe.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Hows the S60. I know a lot of people think there heavy but from what I can see they come fully assymbled. My ss is in need of a good rear but I dont want to have to pay someone to put it together for me. The car is only a weekend toy and I just had the tranny and clutch done and now its time for a good rear. Iam thinking this might be a good option for me. I was looking into one with a spool and relocation brackets. Thanks for any info...
Old 02-05-2010, 05:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with that be said eric how much for the nod center section on top of that? how much for a moser 9 complete?

reason asking, is if it's gonna cost a few hundred more outta my pocket then i would rather sell my stuff now an take the hit an go with your fab 9. i would like to know so i can post my stuff up for sale while everyone is still getting they're taxes.

btw, i am not sure but i believe your ds loop ties in with the 3pt uni sfc's right? how much are you driveshafts?
Old 02-08-2010, 06:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Justins00ss
Hows the S60. I know a lot of people think there heavy but from what I can see they come fully assymbled. My ss is in need of a good rear but I dont want to have to pay someone to put it together for me. The car is only a weekend toy and I just had the tranny and clutch done and now its time for a good rear. Iam thinking this might be a good option for me. I was looking into one with a spool and relocation brackets. Thanks for any info...
Look more into Erics Fabbed 9". Don runs one in his toy. It's what I would go with over an s60 or even a standard 9". The only reason I got a 12 bolt is two fold. Car is auto and will probably never see a single digit, and secondly when I bought it the Fabbed setup wasn't available other than the wicked expensive moser piece.

Seriously, given the opportunity before I would have sold my rear suspension pieces and gone right to that setup. Also for a weekend car a spool is pretty aggressive w/ a 17" rim, but hey when it comes to cars I'm one that doesn't believe in overkill
Old 02-08-2010, 02:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ssvert99
i would for sure sell off the UMI stuf and get the setup we offer with the rearend... if is far superior in weight and strength! see what you can get for the parts and go from there... chances are you will be able to sell it off for most of what the new parts will cost difference.
fill and drain are 35.00 options each on the standard 9 inch, and the relocator brackets are only 3 hole i believe.
thanks for the response eric. ive already started posting stuff in the forsale section.

can i keep my umi phb poly/rod and poly/rod adj lca's and run them with your fab 9"?

what is the benefit of having an extra hole on the fab 9 vs standard 3 hole?

i think i read something many months ago that the 2nd hole is the standard stock position?

i believe most run the 4th hole with the lca's on your fab 9? so the 3rd and 4th hole are the best for hooking?

i know they are the harshest on your tires but let's face it we're all looking to get the best traction possible

these are the last of my ?'s. i look forward to doing business later this yr. reason takin so long is it's going to be about 5k with the order of a narrowed rear with a 5.5bs w/ your billet specialties and the move to florida in a few wks is a set back also, but worth it.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

i look forward to doing business later this yr. reason takin so long is it's going to be about 5k with the order of a narrowed rear with a 5.5bs w/ your billet specialties and the move to florida in a few wks is a set back also, but worth it.
Hahaha! When it rains, it pours! I'm dying for some CCWs for my ride but I want them made with a really deep lip so that means I need a narrowed rear end too. Oh well!

Last edited by xXxSilveradoxXx; 02-08-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
Look more into Erics Fabbed 9". Don runs one in his toy. It's what I would go with over an s60 or even a standard 9". The only reason I got a 12 bolt is two fold. Car is auto and will probably never see a single digit, and secondly when I bought it the Fabbed setup wasn't available other than the wicked expensive moser piece.

Seriously, given the opportunity before I would have sold my rear suspension pieces and gone right to that setup. Also for a weekend car a spool is pretty aggressive w/ a 17" rim, but hey when it comes to cars I'm one that doesn't believe in overkill

Yeah I saw Dons bird with the new rear in it. The only thing is, is the price of that thing and then Ive got to pay someone to press bearings, etc, etc... The S60 seems to be a great price when optioned with a spool. Oh I dont run around on a 17 inch rim. Cruising on 15x3.5 15x10 prostars
Old 02-08-2010, 04:27 PM
11 Second Club

Well never mind. Just talked to Midwest and looks like when the time comes. FAB 9 it is. Great guy to deal with and really took the time to go over my needs and what I should really have.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
Hahaha! When it rains, it pours! I'm dying for some CCWs for my ride but I want want them made with a really deep lip so that means I need a narrowed rear end too. Oh well!
u ain't kidding . if i were to get a stock length rear it would only be a few months. but if you're spending the money mind as well do it right

does anyone know if you can run the umi adj phb an lca's with eric's fab 9? i remember reading something awhile back that you can but i want to know 100%. i don't care about the few lbs heavier than his fab stuff since i already own this stuff ya know...
Old 02-09-2010, 11:35 AM
11 Second Club

For what it's worth my Strange 12 bolt all said and done was just a few hundred bucks shy of buying the entire Fabb'ed 9" setup from Eric, suspension and all.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:56 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

thanks for the response eric. ive already started posting stuff in the forsale section.

can i keep my umi phb poly/rod and poly/rod adj lca's and run them with your fab 9"?

what is the benefit of having an extra hole on the fab 9 vs standard 3 hole?

i think i read something many months ago that the 2nd hole is the standard stock position?

i believe most run the 4th hole with the lca's on your fab 9? so the 3rd and 4th hole are the best for hooking?

i know they are the harshest on your tires but let's face it we're all looking to get the best traction possible

these are the last of my ?'s. i look forward to doing business later this yr. reason takin so long is it's going to be about 5k with the order of a narrowed rear with a 5.5bs w/ your billet specialties and the move to florida in a few wks is a set back also, but worth it.
you can run the UMI parts with my rearend no problem. if they are non adjustable i suggest selling them off and getting the ones we offer.

the 4 holes in the relocator are standard on all all my rearends. the hole closest to the axle tube is the stock hole. more holes for adjustment means better options for chassis tuning. it is not necessarily that the lowest hole will make the car work better... everyone's car is a bit different and thats why there is adjustability in everything we build.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

thanks for the response and everything is adjustable
Old 02-09-2010, 03:45 PM
HWI
TECH Enthusiast

you can run the UMI parts with my rearend no problem. if they are non adjustable i suggest selling them off and getting the ones we offer.
I just put in my Midwest 9" on Saturday, you may think he is just trying to sell his parts, but they really are better. I had a BMR torque arm already in there, the one that came with the Midwest 9" is definitely better, just by looking at it you can tell it is stronger. Not knocking BMR, was good for stockish set up, but Midwest's is for sure better.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

pmed you for purchase of my midwest fab 9
Old 02-11-2010, 08:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

How much time for a fabbed 9" setup to washington state?
Old 02-11-2010, 10:51 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nitroused383
How much time for a fabbed 9" setup to washington state?
price depends on how you option out the package. base package includes the fab housing with all standard features, 31-35 spline custom axles, complete nodular center section w/ posi, chromemoly adjustable torque arm and crossmember to fit your application. base package to Washington starts at 2750.00 shipped.

housing features lightweight and super strong design, drain, sway bar mounts, 4 hole relocator style lca brackets, brake line clips, brake hose mounts, e-brake cable brackets, and chassis brake hose adapter. these are all standard feature included at no extra cost, and is the most true bolt-in 9 inch rearend on the market.

we offer any option you want on the housing, center section, or axles to suit your needs. we can even do 3ch abs system with the aluminum case! pm or call me for a quote.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

price depends on how you option out the package. base package includes the fab housing with all standard features, 31-35 spline custom axles, complete nodular center section w/ posi, chromemoly adjustable torque arm and crossmember to fit your application. base package to Washington starts at 2750.00 shipped.

housing features lightweight and super strong design, drain, sway bar mounts, 4 hole relocator style lca brackets, brake line clips, brake hose mounts, e-brake cable brackets, and chassis brake hose adapter. these are all standard feature included at no extra cost, and is the most true bolt-in 9 inch rearend on the market.

we offer any option you want on the housing, center section, or axles to suit your needs. we can even do 3ch abs system with the aluminum case! pm or call me for a quote.
Thanks for the reply, you have quoted me a price on the past, which is hard to beat. If I ordered one when would I see it? How much lead time basically. Thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 01:32 PM
12 Second Club

You will be hearing from me soon.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Lucky me i just drove down to him and picked up all my stuff. Got a back braced housing, 31sp axles and ARP studs and his LCA's. The LCA's are chromoly with rod ends and are light as ****! The TA is super light as well. Then i did a th350 swap and without hesitating he offered to make me a crossmember got the swap and made it outta aluminum to keep with my light weight project, got to install it the other day and it went in perfect. Also his shop is set-up pimpy. He had some cars in there that he was building and there just as amazing. He didnt rush me out of there and just kept showing me things he was making and coming out with in the future. MWC is truely a one-stop-shop store.

BTW Eric, im gonna pull out the rearend to do a gear swap and gonna drop it back off to you to narrow it 2" on each side and grab a anti-roll bar.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:31 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

we'll get you taken care of... no problem. just give me a call to let me know when you are coming.