Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

in the market for a rearend? ck this out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i want a 9" so for just a housing and axles no center section it's 1600? can you run a stock torque arm with your 9" until i could save the money for a torque arm DS?
Old 02-22-2010, 11:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

For the $1600 that includeds MWC torque arm and mount brace I believe, Should call it housing and axle plus torque arm.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Yup i am selling my 9 inch housing to get Erics housing. and pretty much fully MWC rear suspensions. wonder how much its going to cost.
How much are you selling your 9" housing for??
Old 02-23-2010, 11:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

^^^ PM you
Old 02-23-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ssvert, is there any word of the guys who make the wave trac making one for and S60 out of curiosity?
Old 02-24-2010, 12:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Black02SLPSS
Ssvert, is there any word of the guys who make the wave trac making one for and S60 out of curiosity?
I haven't heard anything about a Wave Trac for the S60, I can only hope they come out with one before I put the order in for my S60. If not I'll have to just roll with a spool.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:18 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The S60 comes standard with 35 spline axles and a Truetrac diff. there is more meat in the larger S60 setup, so the breakage issues aren't the same as a 9 inch can be. Currently I am not aware of a Wavetrac diff unit available for the dana. the Truetrac that is in the S60 is plenty strong and we have never heard of a failure.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ssvert99
The S60 comes standard with 35 spline axles and a Truetrac diff. there is more meat in the larger S60 setup, so the breakage issues aren't the same as a 9 inch can be. Currently I am not aware of a Wavetrac diff unit available for the dana. the Truetrac that is in the S60 is plenty strong and we have never heard of a failure.
I was under the impression that the new Truetracs were junk. Although I'm not sure if it was an axle specific model or just all of them. What would be the weak link in a S60 with a Truetrac?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:50 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

the new Truetrac diffs being junk was a rumor spread by another vendor here. i'm not gonna say the truetrac diff is the best thing out there, but it is a good diff in the correct application.
I ran one in my own car w/ my fab'd 9 inch, making almost 800whp @ 3850#, 1.3x 60 foots, but with an auto trans. I wouldn't suggest the use of a Truetrac diff in a *9inch rear* M6 car over 500whp. the S60 has much more material in the guts and is a much stronger design that the 9 inch for the truetrac diff unit application. there is no history of failure w/ a Truetrac that i am aware of in the S60 rearend.

Last edited by ssvert99; 03-17-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:11 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
For the $1600 that includeds MWC torque arm and mount brace I believe, Should call it housing and axle plus torque arm.

we do have the base package housing, torque arm, crossmember and axle set with bearings and studs starting at 1600.00 shipped. we can add any option to the housing or axles you wish, depending on your needs and budget. these rearends are custom built per your specs.

the housing will feature drain plug, sway bar mounts, 4 hole relocator style lca brackets, brake line clips, chassis brake hose adapter bracket, brake hose mounts and e-brake cable brackets(98-02), all at no extra cost. some of these features are not even available from the other manufacturers and make this rearend the most true-bolt-in you can buy. the torque arm is the lightest and strongest design on the market for its type, and are available in tunnel mount or trans crossmember(included) versions.

we also have all 9 inch ford center section parts available in pieces if you are wanting to build your own, and from all major suppliers. gears, pinion supports, yokes, diff units and spools... we have it all.

if you are in the market for anything f-body chassis related, be it rearends, front or rear suspension, roll bars/cages we have you covered... and at the guaranteed best deal. We are a direct dealer for AFCO, Strange, Moser, PST Driveline, FK bearing, and many other suppliers. We are also capable of custom built components... if you have something in mind that you don't see, feel free to contact us and discuss your needs.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:54 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

lots of good info in this thread... thanks to all of our customers who have made purchases with us and props to those who do the talking for me... your words mean much more to doing business than anything i can say!
Old 04-24-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just got my fab9, suspension, and driveshaft from you guys about a week ago. You guys have some of the best customer service i have had to deal with. I talked to Eric on the phone for literally almost 2 hours trying to decide on the best rear end and suspension for my application. Then I was calling every couple days with questions, and never did he seem inpatient or anything to that nature. Eric and any of the other guys were always happy to answer any and all questions I had. Great customer service goes a long way in my book. The rear end and suspension are the best out there IMHO. There is so much adjust-ability I have no doubt that I can get the suspension set up and dead hook every time. Thanks for an awesome rear end, suspension, and customer service! You will deff continue to have my business!
Old 04-25-2010, 07:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent in regards to an S60.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sent an email regarding your fab 9"
Old 04-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Banned

I have Eric's Fab 9, it is a work of art and I almost don't want to put it under the car. Everyone that has seen it is highly impressed. However, the customer service I got from Eric regarding a major issue was LESS than desirable. Lets put it this way, hope to what ever god you prey to that their shipper does not lose your $900+ center section, or what ever part you order for that matter.

I will give credit where credit is due and hands down Eric has my vote 100% for his Fab 9, but ZERO when it comes to customer relations. Time will tell if that improves in the future if I am needing his assistance.

Fab 9 Workmanship: 100%
Customer Relations: 0%

DM
Old 04-27-2010, 08:44 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Devils Mentor
I have Eric's Fab 9, it is a work of art and I almost don't want to put it under the car. Everyone that has seen it is highly impressed. However, the customer service I got from Eric regarding a major issue was LESS than desirable. Lets put it this way, hope to what ever god you prey to that their shipper does not lose your $900+ center section, or what ever part you order for that matter.

I will give credit where credit is due and hands down Eric has my vote 100% for his Fab 9, but ZERO when it comes to customer relations. Time will tell if that improves in the future if I am needing his assistance.

Fab 9 Workmanship: 100%
Customer Relations: 0%

DM
I have have good service from him. Havnt got the rear end yet but everybody I have heard says his **** is the best. Hopefully I will find out soon. Orderd mine rear in the 4th week of Feb. Hopefully I will get a call soon that it is ready. Other than that customer service has been great so far.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by penningta
I have have good service from him. Havnt got the rear end yet but everybody I have heard says his **** is the best. Hopefully I will find out soon. Orderd mine rear in the 4th week of Feb. Hopefully I will get a call soon that it is ready. Other than that customer service has been great so far.
I'm not saying that Eric is a bad guy, but with the issue I had he dropped the ball BIG TIME. I am not going to bad mouth the guy, because in the end the outcome was to my satisfaction, but the process to get there was HELL!

All in all, I feel I can say that Eric is a solid guy, he just seems to stretch his obligations way past the limit to where it effects service. If he were to get someone whose sole responsibility was the management of the office and customers, I believe things would have worked out much more smoothly. Hell, I took the responsibility out of his hands and it still took over 3 months for him to send me a email so I could file a $900+ claim with his shipper. For 3 months I was out $900, and no center to put into my the Fab 9 housing; hell, it took so long for Eric to get on the ball that (now I remember, it was FedEx) the original claim with FedEx expired and I had to start from scratch, I mean come on. Like I said though, Eric seems to mean well, but it is obvious that he is stretching himself thin for something like this to happen.

DM
Old 04-27-2010, 09:21 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Devils Mentor
I'm not saying that Eric is a bad guy, but with the issue I had he dropped the ball BIG TIME. I am not going to bad mouth the guy, because in the end the outcome was to my satisfaction, but the process to get there was HELL!

All in all, I feel I can say that Eric is a solid guy, he just seems to stretch his obligations way past the limit to where it effects service. If he were to get someone whose sole responsibility was the management of the office and customers, I believe things would have worked out much more smoothly. Hell, I took the responsibility out of his hands and it still took over 3 months for him to send me a email so I could file a $900+ claim with his shipper. For 3 months I was out $900, and no center to put into my the Fab 9 housing; hell, it took so long for Eric to get on the ball that (now I remember, it was FedEx) the original claim with FedEx expired and I had to start from scratch, I mean come on. Like I said though, Eric seems to mean well, but it is obvious that he is stretching himself thin for something like this to happen.

DM
I have noticed that he seems like he could use a little help. I know he got some one in the shop to answer the phone a reply to emails now. But Im not going to tell anyone how to run a business. I run one myself and its not a easy task trying to keep overhead down and not get behind. I was once told you can either get bigger or smaller in business but you cant stay the same size it doesnt work. Yeah that would of sucked to be out of that money like that. IM not saying you dont have a legit grip. I would of been upset if it would of taken that long also. At least all worked out in the end.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by penningta
I have noticed that he seems like he could use a little help. I know he got some one in the shop to answer the phone a reply to emails now. But Im not going to tell anyone how to run a business. I run one myself and its not a easy task trying to keep overhead down and not get behind. I was once told you can either get bigger or smaller in business but you cant stay the same size it doesnt work. Yeah that would of sucked to be out of that money like that. IM not saying you dont have a legit grip. I would of been upset if it would of taken that long also. At least all worked out in the end.
Yeah it's water under the bridge, but if people are looking for opinions, or experiences I will give mine... no more, no less.

DM
Old 04-28-2010, 10:25 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

there's two sides to every story and we are just gonna leave this at that. our customer service has an exceptional reputation and stands for itself.