Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Factory Driveshaft dimension???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Driveshaft dimension???

Okay, I have a 2000 Camaro SS. M6 and i have a Moser 12-bolt rear end. A factory driveshaft is what I am using for it but I need a new one. Does anyone know the length, I need it so I can get a new one fabbed up. I think its 41" but I am not sure. I cannot measure mine and this is why I am asking.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay, I finally tracked down the length. It is 41" center to center yolk. If you are asking a salvage yard or auto parts store they will ask if its a 3.42 ratio rear end. This only seems to matter for the material (steel or aluminum) but both are the same length from what I can tell. I looked at quite a few threads and I never found anything that clearly stated what the length was, since i found my answer i thought I would post it for anyone who was looking for this same answer.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same length both steel and aluminum,

I have a Aluminum shaft that I took out of my 2000 SS when I bought my 9" if you would like to buy it I can ship it. I mailed the last one in a Poster mailing tube to a guy. Can send pick along with it if you are interested. 50k miles.