Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

700rwhp car, I could use some help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 05:08 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arrow 700rwhp car, I could use some help!

So I am looking for a rear end to throw under my LT1 street/strip car. It should be right around the 700hp mark on the jug and I want something that I will have to buy once and be happy.

After searching Google, here and some other less popular late model forums I've come up with this:

1. I want a 9", I think.
2. I don't want a locker
3. I don't really need ABS
4. It needs to work with my UMI torque arm, as I don't want to buy another one
5. I will be over a 4.10 gear I imagine as its a Nitrous car.
6. It's an M6
7. I WILL BE DRIVING ON THE STREET OFTEN, not a daily driver but I'd say its a 60/40 mix with street/strip and maybe 6k miles a year.

I am not looking to be sold on anything, I just need some more info to help decide. I will probably call MWC in the morning as well as EPP.

Anyway, what do ya'll think?
Old 04-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I am at the 660 RWHP mark and I just purchased a Moser 9" with 35 spline axles and their wavetrac differential. The wavetrac comes with a lifetime warranty and the axles are 10 years. With an aluminum center section and 3.70 gears (procharged) as well as relocation brackets and fill plug it came to $2700 shipped. There are many good deals out there but you have to make the dealers work for your business. I was told there really is no other way to go with the 6 speed so i spent the money and did it right the first time. I daily drive this car and have not been to the track yet but i will have a better evaluation after may...
Old 04-06-2010, 11:17 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is yours a Fab9?

Who did you buy it through?

I almost like the idea of a spool, however the street driving with one seems "eh".