Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

good shop for gear install in utah?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good shop for gear install in utah?

Does anyone know of a reputable shop to install some gears near Salt Lake City, Utah? It's been a while should I still expect around $500-$1000 including parts?
Old 04-15-2010, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly brother, I wouldn't spend the money for a set of gears for the 10-bolt.

Even with a stock drivetrain, putting some sticky tires on that thing with a M6 really runs the chance of the rearend breaking.

Me? Even if you plan on keeping the drivetrain stock in that thing, I would get at least a 12-bolt.

Just bolt the thing in and go.

Either way, bump for a great guy.

Edit: Plus, you might get better "regional" results in this part of the board https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-members-59/
Old 04-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Stewart
Honestly brother, I wouldn't spend the money for a set of gears for the 10-bolt.

Even with a stock drivetrain, putting some sticky tires on that thing with a M6 really runs the chance of the rearend breaking.

Me? Even if you plan on keeping the drivetrain stock in that thing, I would get at least a 12-bolt.

Just bolt the thing in and go.

Either way, bump for a great guy.

Edit: Plus, you might get better "regional" results in this part of the board https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-members-59/
Yeah that is what I have been reading...keep thinking vette...Dana rear there...not here I guess. Oh well, I think I may do it anyway and see how long she lasts. You know me ..no hole shots here

thanks for the TTT