Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Another gear oil change question

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hehe like I say , its up to you man, its your car use what ever made you happy. If you want quiet your ls1 down, use german castrol 0w30 , autozone sell it. lucas stuff oil addictive is just thicker the oil up. so why not just use a little thicker oil alone. I guest I say what I need to say after 4 year reading about oil and reading thousand of peoples result on different product at bobistheoilguy. Use what ever made you happy and sleep well at night hehe.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Im gonna look more into those tests when I have more time. If money wasnt an issue I would be getting the most expensive stuff I could find but then again that dosent always mean your getting the best either.

I hear what your saying about the lucas additive. I thought "well all its does is thinken the oil up!" but what turned me on is the way it stuck to gears and moving parts. Im sure none of their products are bad for your car. Maybe not better than the rest but certainly not bad either.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by killagt
I havent seen one in store around here yet. only see 75w90 in mobil 1, RP, syntec, Who made 75w90 in regular dino oil ? and where I can buy it. mabe I can learn something new. I did read some where few year ago that 75w90 regular dino gear oil doest not meet GL rating or something, and it hard to find, event though it nothing special. mabe you can show me the light here
I have seen it a bunch. Specifically, I have bought Coastal brand from Advanced auto parts and also I have bought Supertech from Wal-Mart, both non-syn 75/90.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
I have seen it a bunch. Specifically, I have bought Coastal brand from Advanced auto parts and also I have bought Supertech from Wal-Mart, both non-syn 75/90.
is that super tech and coastal 75w90 synthetic blend ?

Lucas is good oil, its good oil for something to band-aid the problem, oil burn, oil leak, engine nock, engine really noisy. noisy or problem tranny or noisy rear diff to help quiet down the noisy. or engine that in it last leg. I know a guy use that to quiet down the engine before he sell it. And my neighbor use it in his 1980 chevy truck to slow oil burn cause of bad ring. bad valve seal. if it perfectly engine, all it need is engine oil, oil now a day is really good oil.

Last edited by killagt; 07-14-2010 at 03:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Another gear oil change question