Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

My new MWC fab 9"

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 93camaro_zzz
Just curious how long did it take you to receive it? Pm me if you want to.
PM sent

Originally Posted by SSmokin99SS
Wow sick setup. Exact everything I'm planning to do. I might go with 3.90s though, not sure yet. I take it from the watts as well as your sig you're more handling oriented. Same here. I've been watching the MWC stuff since his prototyping days. those are some pretty handy dudes at that shop lol, and have slowly been putting away funds. Just a matter of time...

Please come back and let us know your impressions. I'm especially interested in your opinion on the watts link. Enjoy!
Thanks man. I do love drag raceing but Yes I am much more into the handleing aspect. Yes the crew a MWC do some great work.

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
A fabbed 9" with and aluminum center section is freaking badass! You've gotta weigh that thing!
Thanks, I plan on enjoying for sure. I will try to weigh it, but it will have to be with all the brake hardware transplanted to it, as i have put all that stuff on it today.

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
my mwc setup is identicle minus the watts link to his but i went with a 4.56 and it weighed less than my 10 bolt by a few pounds if i remember right
To the OP, you have now joined the MWC club, youll wonder why you didnt sooner!!!! post pictures once its all done, ive never understood the watts link and how they work/mount and id love to see pictures
Thanks, and I will hopefull wrap things up tomorrow and post up some pics as soon as i can.

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
The watts link replaces the panhard bar, which keeps the axle centered. The watts link works better, it keeps it centered perfect. That setup looks sweet, I cant wait til my axle gets here. I ordered the nodular case so I wonder if it will be powdercoated too?
Thanks

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
OMG, MWC 9" + Wavetrac + Watts Link

Enjoy that thing!
Thanks, and I will.
Originally Posted by WS6sleeper
Are those offset lca's? Gonna run some BIG tires assume

These pics deserve to be framed!
I have 315's on it right now

Originally Posted by slayer performance
you will be very happy! i love mine!!
Thanks
Originally Posted by madmike9396
whats the $ on a piece like that ?
PM on the way.
Originally Posted by SweeTbone
+1. Going to pull the trigger on one myself, just no need to rush right now since the season is like 2 weeks from being over and car will be in storage. But if it took like 3 months roughly, I'd order in late January to have it by April. About how long was it?
I would order as soon as you can, PM on the way.

Like said before it is a great product so it takes time and in my opinion worth waiting for.

Last edited by raptorws6; 10-30-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pm sent
Old 10-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Launching!

Your car is setup very close to how I want my car to be setup! Looks great and can't wait to hear how it all performs.

PM sent also.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:50 AM
TECH Resident

Looks great, can i get a pm on how much that ran you.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:22 PM
10 Second Club

Well I think that is awesome that there is now a WATTS link out for a Fab 9 I dont think it was avaiable when I got mine. DAMN!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:15 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The watts link has been a very hot item for us this year. It is very beneficial item to have, everyone that has purchased one has been very pleased.

Also anyone with questions feel free to shoot me a PM and I will answer your questions, our prices are the same for everyone and time frame will always depend on options and parts availability from other manufactures.

raptorws6 feel free to contact me at any time if you have questions on anything.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Addict

So i think I have replied to all the pm's and pm request, if I missed one just let me know.
As i said before the guys at MWC are amazing to deal with and don't mind helping you out and answering questions. I have never put a 9" in before and I know over the past few days i have called them at least ten times, and many pm's on here. Every time i have had my questions answered now matter how simple they are. I have to give major props to them in that their customer support is second to None, and the make a great product too.

As for my rear install it is just about finished, and has been a little more time consuming than I anticipated. Due to never doing it before. I just have to set my pinion angle and button up a few more things and it should be complete. When i get it complete i will post up more pics.

And for those that wanted me to weigh it, sorry i completely forgot about doing it. But I am sure someone on here has the weight or MWC might have the weight.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Lets see some pictures. I am hoping for my rear next week from these guys. I think the only thing I ordered different was 3.90 gears and a strange drive shaft. PM me how long it took to get yours in.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:54 PM
12 Second Club

Looks like its going to be nice !
Old 11-05-2010, 11:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Awesome!
PLEASE take pics after you install it, i want to see clearance with that WATTS link - looking to do KOOKS true dual...
Old 11-09-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by madmike9396
whats the $ on a piece like that ?
I'm curious about the answer to both of these questions as well.

Shoot me a PM at your leisure.

Wicked looking setup, man. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From what I read so far 2 months is the usual wait time. I ordered mine the 1st week of Sept so its been just over 2 months but I havent got mine yet. I was hoping to have gotten mine now & put a few passes on it but dont think it would happen anyway as youre supposed to break the gears in first 500 miles. Really no biggie now when I get it, gonna be in Fla. next week & will be putting the car in storage for winter. Everyone says its worth the wait & I hope theyre right.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

From what I read so far 2 months is the usual wait time. I ordered mine the 1st week of Sept so its been just over 2 months but I havent got mine yet. I was hoping to have gotten mine now & put a few passes on it but dont think it would happen anyway as youre supposed to break the gears in first 500 miles. Really no biggie now when I get it, gonna be in Fla. next week & will be putting the car in storage for winter. Everyone says its worth the wait & I hope theyre right.
Thanks flintwrench.

Two months seems like a long wait, but as you said, I've only heard/read good things about MWC's products and services. I suppose as long as you're not needing it to get your ride back on the road, waiting wouldn't be a problem.

I'm currently planning to upgrade my Clutch and Hydraulics over the upcoming Winter. Next Winter's project may be replacing the 10 Bolt (if it survives that long behind a Monster Stage 3 LOL).

Thanks again for the info.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

very sweet rearend.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:34 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have had a strenuous year keeping parts from other manufactures in stock. We have taken some measures to help with this process though. We can have a housing and torque arm shipped out with in a week to give you an example of what holds us up. The fact we can offer so many combination's can also be one of our downfalls if we can't get product from other manufactures.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:02 PM
TECH Addict

I have it all installed, but it is still on jack stands. I still have to bleed the brakes, just haven't had a chance yet. Then I decided to order some ATE super blue fluid to put in and bleed out the old, so i had to wait on that, I hope to have it on the ground and running tomorrow. I will take some pics before I put it on the ground. I will post them up as soon as i can.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

im going with the mwc 9 also in the spring with 430 gears,looks killer and well worth the wait.any christmas specials on them coming up?
Old 11-10-2010, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Thanks flintwrench.

Two months seems like a long wait, but as you said, I've only heard/read good things about MWC's products and services. I suppose as long as you're not needing it to get your ride back on the road, waiting wouldn't be a problem.
Two months does seem like a long wait, but before I placed my order I kinda knew I would be waiting about that long. Thats because I read through this pretty good: https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axl...-new-pics.html
From that I also was convinced from how pleased everyone was to order from them. I can still drive my car, my 10 bolt isnt broke but it wheelhops real bad now at the track because I lowered it. I am not putting any more money into it(the 10 bolt) just so I can put some passes on it. If you need something right away its not the best option but it sounds like if you want a fab 9 with many custom options with a lot better price than a Moser M9 its the way to go. You can get a M9 a lot quicker & I am sure its a good product but their starting price is $500 more & their options cost more too. I will give my feedback on it once I receive it & get it installed.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:26 AM
TECH Regular

Wow I'm so jealous. You've got the best if the best there! I'm also curious how much it set you back, as I soon plan to follow in your path.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Launching!

its definately a good day when these show up haha. i wish i would have been able to afford the aluminum center section

Quick Reply: My new MWC fab 9"