Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Great customer service from SLP

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Great customer service from SLP

Since most people just post when they have bad service from a sponsor, I thought I would share a story about good customer service.

I bought a take off Torsen from SLP (why I needed one is a long story), and somewhere between here and there, someone had done a number on the box. It was torn on 2 sides, the inner packaging material was torn, and even the invoice was chewed up. The box had then been taped back up, presumably by UPS. It looked like the Torsen had come out of the box and hit the ground, or hit something, judging by the shape the packaging was in and the dented bearings on the Torsen.

I e-mailed SLP after business hours, and got a response as soon as they opened the next day. Kevin Woodruff let me know that shipping the old Torsen back would be covered, and a new one to replaced the potentially damaged unit would go out right away.

I got the new one, packaging in pristine unmolested condition, the same day I dropped the old one for return shipping to SLP.

So don't hesitate to deal with SLP, they stand behind what they sell, even when it's the shipping company that screws up. I couldn't be more pleased with the way this worked out.

Now I just gotta get this thing installed - driving around with a one legged rear just isn't right