Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

wavetrac opinions anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wavetrac opinions anyone?

i was looking into to getting a moser fabricated 9 inch and i was wondering what people thought of the wavetrac the idea looked real interesting and im looking for a real fast street car maybe even push it into the 9s. so its gotta be durable and hold the wheels together in a straight line. also the center sections are 1200$ cant i just get one out of a 200$ junk yard axle just wonderin?
Old 12-17-2010, 05:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No. Last I checked the junk yards had junk in them. The pieces you need will not be found there.

If what you are saying is true you will want the Strange Pro Nodular center about $359 and it is rated to take 1200 HP. People are breaking the Wavetrac in the 700-800 HP range but the Gen 2 is redesigned. Not enough time to tell yet. You could do a billet spool.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:08 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For your goal you are beyond the point of using stock Ford items for the most part. It becomes a safety issue eventually. The best way to look at it is if something would let go during the pass what is the possible cost of repairs over doing it right the first time.

As for the Wavetrac itself it is a very nice differential and we have put them in a ton of builds this year and only seen one issue so far, the warranty was their to take care of the problem and all it took was us making one phone call to Moser to help our customer out and get the Wavetrac replaced.

Last edited by MidwestChassis; 12-17-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:13 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by scorpiansniper
i was looking into to getting a moser fabricated 9 inch and i was wondering what people thought of the wavetrac the idea looked real interesting and im looking for a real fast street car maybe even push it into the 9s. so its gotta be durable and hold the wheels together in a straight line. also the center sections are 1200$ cant i just get one out of a 200$ junk yard axle just wonderin?
I currently have the Moser fabricated nine inch on sale, you can check it out at this link. Shipping is free too! http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-M9-...y-Complete.htm Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 12-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the cars just gotta make it into the 9s once to prove it can. its gona be more of a really fast street car thats why a spools out of the question. my car should have a little over 700hp. thats why i dont really wana spend all my money on the axle i was even thinking of leaving the transmission stock. but i know i could hurt my stock axle rite now just buy turning the boost up.