Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Mini Ladder Bar set up??

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 01:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Ladder Bar set up??

How many people have ran the mini ladder bar set up in the f body's? The ones who have did it cause hooking problems on the street??
Old 02-22-2011, 04:18 AM
TECH Addict

Do a search, its been talked about alot. Generally not the best option IMHO, or others opinion for that matter
Old 02-23-2011, 11:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did it. The car launched like an old Mopar! The car would try to bite hard but it would bounce. Absolutely the WRONG SET UP for these cars!
It ruins a perfectly good double duty car, normal driving is altered. Cornering makes me feel like I am driving an old Mustang it sucks! I did it to make my 8.8 install easier and inexpensive and all I got in the end was a nice set of upper arms to sit on my shelf of experience.
Granted not everyone will agree with my post but this mod changes the entire geometry of the f- body and ruins the overall handling of a near perfect car! Back to the drawing board for me its TQ arm time again!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
I did it. The car launched like an old Mopar! The car would try to bite hard but it would bounce. Absolutely the WRONG SET UP for these cars!
It ruins a perfectly good double duty car, normal driving is altered. Cornering makes me feel like I am driving an old Mustang it sucks! I did it to make my 8.8 install easier and inexpensive and all I got in the end was a nice set of upper arms to sit on my shelf of experience.
Granted not everyone will agree with my post but this mod changes the entire geometry of the f- body and ruins the overall handling of a near perfect car! Back to the drawing board for me its TQ arm time again!
Thats pretty much the info I came up with after alot of research. But I decided to give a 4 link a try, it will basically be setup like a SN95 mustang. But I have no idea how it will work, but everything is going to be adjustable so I can try a few different setups before I scrap the idea. Only one way to find out IMHO, and I don't see it done much so I figured what the hell
Old 02-24-2011, 04:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The problem I see with what you are wanting to do is, the upper control arm eyes have to be cut off or you will hit the fuel tank. Now if you remove the tank you may have enough room to have an upper arm mount and proper travel.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
The problem I see with what you are wanting to do is, the upper control arm eyes have to be cut off or you will hit the fuel tank. Now if you remove the tank you may have enough room to have an upper arm mount and proper travel.
I have the ears cut off and have brackets for the upper bars that mount them a little lower, but hitting the tank worries me a little, but only time will tell.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Dang well after some of this stuff I believe ill try to get the trq arm put in... Didnt figure it would be that much!! Some of the other forums said that the only thing they seen wrong with it is the wheelie's it causes....
Old 02-24-2011, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

I have the ladder bar setup and it doesnt drive bad at all. It might not handle the best but I dont expect it to. It anti-squats really bad but I think some decent rear shocks could control it somewhat. Its not terrible like some think and is pretty cheap and a lot easier than a torque arm mount. If I were you I would try it and if you dont like it you can switch to a torque arm later.

-Will
Old 02-25-2011, 03:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mangum
Dang well after some of this stuff I believe ill try to get the trq arm put in... Didnt figure it would be that much!! Some of the other forums said that the only thing they seen wrong with it is the wheelie's it causes....
From what I have seen of most mini ladder bar setups they don't appear to have been setup with a ton of thought or understanding so it makes sense that people are having tons of issues with them.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangum
There is Alot more that goes into getting the car to hang the front hoops then ladder bars.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

HHHmmmm i have my 8.8 finished except the mini ladders bars but now i don't know if want them!!!
Old 11-25-2013, 02:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

How about adding these along with a Tq arm?
Seems it would limit the anti squat and also works like Pete z bars that hooked really well.

I'm gonna try it with some calvert racing 9 way adj shocks to control seperation
Old 11-25-2013, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got another 4th gen and a Exploder 8.8 rear to mod and I order one of Hiltsy855's torque arm mounts and I' going to use the Raceraft brackets for mine.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:33 PM
Launching!

You see my build 97Z28SS ?

Quick Reply: Mini Ladder Bar set up??